Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #21
Junior Member
 
rfenters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 16
Our 2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL has done the exact same thing. Planning on a going to Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach SC for New Years in a few days. I was looking to see if anyone has had this problem also. I want to build something that would not take up too much storage for larger things under there.
__________________

__________________
rfenters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:14 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
alykat1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfenters View Post
Our 2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL has done the exact same thing. Planning on a going to Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach SC for New Years in a few days. I was looking to see if anyone has had this problem also. I want to build something that would not take up too much storage for larger things under there.

I'm not sure of your model but LandJ had a better solution for keeping it slim than I did. I just used what I had available. Not sure how much time you have but you can also shore it up temporarily until you get back. I could hammer mine back in place before I fixed it. You could shore it up with some 2X's until you got back.
__________________

__________________
2007 Toyota Tundra
2016 Salem Cruise Lite 262BHXL
alykat1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
rfenters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by alykat1325 View Post
I'm not sure of your model but LandJ had a better solution for keeping it slim than I did. I just used what I had available. Not sure how much time you have but you can also shore it up temporarily until you get back. I could hammer mine back in place before I fixed it. You could shore it up with some 2X's until you got back.
That's what I'm thinking. Thats weird though how many of them have done it. Did your screws break or did the wood split?
__________________
rfenters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
alykat1325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfenters View Post
That's what I'm thinking. Thats weird though how many of them have done it. Did your screws break or did the wood split?
The wood split some on mine but there was not one screw found. It probably would have held up if there were more screws. One thing to note when you do go for the permanent fix, make sure the plywood on top is straight or flat on top when you get done. When I did mine I measured both sides and built to that measurement. It turned out to be the wrong thing to do because it put a hump in the bed that you really couldn't notice until you slept on it. Needless to say I had to redo mine to what was there. Hope you get to enjoy it this weekend. Safe travels!!
__________________

__________________
2007 Toyota Tundra
2016 Salem Cruise Lite 262BHXL
alykat1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bed, salem

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.