Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #21

Our 2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL has done the exact same thing. Planning on a going to Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach SC for New Years in a few days. I was looking to see if anyone has had this problem also. I want to build something that would not take up too much storage for larger things under there.
rfenters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfenters View Post
Our 2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL has done the exact same thing. Planning on a going to Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach SC for New Years in a few days. I was looking to see if anyone has had this problem also. I want to build something that would not take up too much storage for larger things under there.

I'm not sure of your model but LandJ had a better solution for keeping it slim than I did. I just used what I had available. Not sure how much time you have but you can also shore it up temporarily until you get back. I could hammer mine back in place before I fixed it. You could shore it up with some 2X's until you got back.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by alykat1325 View Post
I'm not sure of your model but LandJ had a better solution for keeping it slim than I did. I just used what I had available. Not sure how much time you have but you can also shore it up temporarily until you get back. I could hammer mine back in place before I fixed it. You could shore it up with some 2X's until you got back.
That's what I'm thinking. Thats weird though how many of them have done it. Did your screws break or did the wood split?
rfenters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfenters View Post
That's what I'm thinking. Thats weird though how many of them have done it. Did your screws break or did the wood split?
The wood split some on mine but there was not one screw found. It probably would have held up if there were more screws. One thing to note when you do go for the permanent fix, make sure the plywood on top is straight or flat on top when you get done. When I did mine I measured both sides and built to that measurement. It turned out to be the wrong thing to do because it put a hump in the bed that you really couldn't notice until you slept on it. Needless to say I had to redo mine to what was there. Hope you get to enjoy it this weekend. Safe travels!!
Old 09-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #25

Bed support

I recently purchased a Forest River Hemisphere that's had all kinds of problems due to inferior quality control. One of the problems affects our bed. The board is 3 1/2 inches shorter than the mattress. Short queen mattresses which is what we have (74 inches), hang over the board underneath the mattress by almost 4 inches. Is this normal or did they cut the board incorrectly. If Forest River gives me a hard time or I find out that the board is cut correctly because they don't want people scratching their legs as they walk by the bed on the board, I'll cut a new board and attach it to the hinges about 1/2 shorter than the mattress and maybe attach some sort of bumper strip to the edge of the board. The board consists of two pieces. The piece closest to the foot of the bed, lifts up for storage. There's also pistons attached to it so I guess I'll have to deal with them as well. Any thoughts??
Mrbill757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #26

The wood in my CruiseLite is about 6" shorter than the mattress at the end and a few inches shorter on the sides as well. If I sit at the corner of the bed, I will slide off as it bends down. I had replaced the factory mattress with a Denver. Can't remember if the original came over the side this much but I thought they were the same size.

2021 Nights Camped: 29 (so far)
2020 Nights Camped: 18
2019 Nights Camped: 18
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:23 PM   #27

Bed

Our Hemisphere came with a Denver mattress. Just replaced it with an $800 short queen made by can’t recall, but it should be way better! They had one like it in the store. The Denver was just awful.
Mrbill757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #28

Not sure if the original mattress was also a Denver but I like my "new" one (2 yrs old now). Only problem is trying to climb into the bed now because it's raised up a few inches.

2021 Nights Camped: 29 (so far)
2020 Nights Camped: 18
2019 Nights Camped: 18
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, salem