Old 01-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
Helped my Dad with the repair yesterday... it was OBVIOUSLY a manufacturer's defect, because the water damage was clearly from the front compartment doors. Additionally, there was a leak around the bedroom entry/exit door that was not nearly as bad. We wound up completely replacing the floor in an area that measured 52" by the full width of the camper. Had to remove the bed as well to get to it. All in all, about 15 man-hours of labor (my Dad & I) and about $125 of material... but an extremely dissatisfied Coachmen/Forest River customer as a result. I will take every opportunity to let everyone that I know or that asks about the Coachmen brand the way that my Dad's problem was ignored... Mike Terlep never responded to the letter referenced above.

manley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:34 PM   #12
I certainly understand your frustration. Its nice to see you dealt with the issue and repaired the trailer. Sometimes its all we can do, as continuing to wait and battle out such an issue only harms us. We are the ones that go without, while the mfg holds their ground. They have already produced the product and recieved payment...thus out nothing.
Any chance you can post pictures of what you discovered? I'd like to make sure I understand what you found.

Walt-N-Terry Sanford
03 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
08 Rockwood 8317
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
My Dad took lots of photos as he did the repair. He's pretty "low-tech," so I'll get them from him the next time I see him... maybe a couple weeks or so. He told me he took LOTS of pictures. Hopefully, some of them will turn out.

Edit... he did the demolition. He and I did the reconstruction/repair.
manley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #14
Manley: I am sure you are not the only one with this kind of problems and I am sure you get it in other brands as well. Look at mine. It is a brand new Rockwood and after I bought it a month after the day of manufacture I had a leak under the menbrane below the pass thru baggage door running under the menbrane. If it would have been left like that I am sure that my floor would have been ruined like yours. At this moment my new trailer is at the manufacture for repair damages due to this leak and another one at the back of the trailer.

capucine is offline   Reply With Quote