My strut mounts ripped off the camp kitchen door. After several failed attempts on plugging the stripped holes, using the same strut mounts was not an option. From what I have heard this is a common problem. If still under warranty the techs would plug the stripped holes, use #10 screws instead of #8, and weaker struts. I was out of warranty so I got bigger bases welded to my strut mounts.
I used 1/8 inch thick flat iron by 10 inches long by 1.25 wide. Welded the mounts to the flat iron at center and at edge. I then drilled 9 holes plus the 3 original holes in the flat iron. Primed and painted white, also painted the 24 screw heads white with no primer. I plugged the 3 stripped holes with JB weld, and waited a day for curing. I lined up the 3 original holes on mount and screwed it completely to the door.
I've been using the door for 2 weeks now and it feels very strong.