Old 03-08-2016, 05:44 AM   #11
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Could be the valve stem is stripped from the disc. Opening the valve may seem easier than before.
Usually when this happens, the whole handle and rod come out.

2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:59 AM   #12
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Usually when this happens, the whole handle and rod come out.

Maybe Cable operated? Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #13
Site Team
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
When you used your black tank flush did you hear water flowing? maybe the vacuum break check valve has been installed in reverse and there is no water flow, so reason why no water flowed out of black tank after the flush???

This is also my guess from a distance. We've had several reports of black tank flush not allowing any water through the vacuum break.

Sent (I think)
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 74 (booked = 11)
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:46 AM   #14
Took the drain hose off this morning. Looked down with a flashlight. Assuming the valve is silver it is not opening. Looks the same down there whether the lever is pulled open or pushed in to close. Gray doesn't drain either. I've been assured nothing but the Scott RV toilet paper we bought was flushed down. And we have had no problem with that for the last few weeks.
rblake39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:09 AM   #15
It sounds like the gate valve to the tank is not opening but it does seem odd that BOTH the black and grey would quit working at the same time. Especially, since you mentioned you emptied them yesterday during the first go round with no problem.

Run some water in the sink/shower with the grey valve open and see if water comes out the sewer port?

You said you seen something silver inside the sewer pipe. Most gate valve blades I've seen are black or white/translucent. Maybe there are metal bladed valves but I've not seen any?

If you get no water from either the grey side (or the black side) and you feel confidant the valves are connected to the pull handle/cable and working, I'd guess there is some kind of blockage in the pipe. A snake may be the only option.

I'd start with only the grey valve open when snaking.
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 44
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #16
I have a 2015 Wildcat 327ck fiver and there is a tag near the black tank flush and it states not to close the blank tank valve when using the black tank flush. Is that the case with the Flagstaffs?
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #17
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Possibly not enough water when flushing.
Very common to not use enough.
Full bowl is the key!
I fill my bowl every time and do not have any problems!
And this from a guy that made a BIG point in Goshen that HE NEVER DID #2 in his camper toilet. Ms. Amy said she did and he would empty it whether he liked it or not!

SO, do you or do you not do #2 in your camper toilet????
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:11 PM   #18
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
They all say that.......if a person gets distracted, well..............
Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #19
Site Team
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I have a 2015 Wildcat 327ck fiver and there is a tag near the black tank flush and it states not to close the blank tank valve when using the black tank flush. Is that the case with the Flagstaffs?
That's the case with any RV with a black tank flush. It's because it's easy to turn it on, get distracted with something else and then have a huge mess to clean up in the bathroom because the tank overflowed.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:39 PM   #20
Black tank clog

Agree that the drain line after the valves is probably clogged. You can do a snake but be prepared to have someone shut off any open valves or you will have a real mess. You could also try to use a clear adapter with the flush connection and reverse flush the line, this may free up the clog. If you determine that it is a clog, I Would ultimately do the following get a clear adapter with the flush connection, unscrew the flush connector and run the snake up thru the opening this way you can leave the tanks open, to have that pressure help move the clog, once the clog lets loose put a rag over the connector hole and let the tanks empty.

To prevent this in the future make sure you keep several gallons of water in the black tank. This will prevent what is called the dreaded mound. This is when all the material that is flushed drops straight down the toilet and forms a mound of hard material. Keeping water in the tank lets the material move away from the bottom of the toilet.

Please let us know how you make out. Good luck.

Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

black, black tank, tank