Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #1

black water flush

we've owned several tts, and just picked up our new 2019 rockwood signature 8332bs on Friday the 17th, after camping for 4 nights to try out all systems, I hooked up the hose to the black tank flush, and for some reason, I cant get nothing except a very small trickle of water to flow out of the tank. Also, with the dump valve open, when I turn the water on, it makes a whining sound. hmmm, any suggestions, thanks
wheelyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
RV There Yet?

may be silly to suggest, but did you open the second black tank valve? some new trailers have two that need to be opened.
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:39 PM   #3

the unit doesn't have 2 black tanks, only 2 grey , unless I'm blind lol, if it does, ill have to locate it, the second grey is for the galley sink.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
Kanadian Kamper

So, when you pulled the release valve of the black tank.....did it vacate forcefully from the black tank? Did the grey tank vacate forcefully?

Just checking that there’s nothing blocking the exit pipe from the tanks.

If when you use the hose for the black tank flush, and turn it on, and there’s hardly any water exiting, I suspect the water is NOT getting to the flush wand. (Picture the wand inside an electric dishwasher)

I suspect there’s a blockage on the input line to the wash wand.

Might be a warranty fix for sure.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #5
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelyrod View Post
the unit doesn't have 2 black tanks, only 2 grey , unless I'm blind lol, if it does, ill have to locate it, the second grey is for the galley sink.
my mistake, i was meaning that there might be two valves for your one black tank. i have to open both on my camper to dump. it was very confusing for me at first, coming from a cassette in a popup.
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #6
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Your check valve may be faulty, or, I have heard that some get installed backwards. Either would cause it. My check valve failed after a year and I had to replace it. Either way, it would be a warranty item. Put it on your list. There will be a list.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:53 PM   #7

yup, both the black and the grey flowed with full force, wide open as a peanut shell, lol, they both drained completely, however, as everyone else does, or should do, we flush the black tank before pulling out of the campground, and storing the unit until the next trip.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #8

yeah, we're expecting small hiccups with this unit as well, but forest river seems to be a great product, and I'm sure they will take care of anything that pops up, at least for the first year. The list is already started. lol
Old 08-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #9

Isledog, there is only one valve on the bk tank , and it opens and closes fine, water flushes out fully, so, that's a good thing. lol
Old 08-22-2018, 04:14 PM   #10

Hey guys and gals, my wife and I are leaving Friday to tow the new baby to a campground in Elberton ga, for 13 wks, she is a travel nurse, so, I'll have plenty of time to work out the bugs and kinks in a new unit. Quick question for whoever, I've always closed the black tank valve after emptying it, and then turned on the black flush for a few minutes, I didn't try this on the new unit, because of the whining noise and lack of water flow. I didn't want to take a chance on breaking something that early, lol. I'll be setting up Friday afternoon, and will play with it some more. thanks for all of your input. God bless.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Quick question for whoever, I've always closed the black tank valve after emptying it, and then turned on the black flush for a few minutes, .
Nope. You need to keep that black tank valve OPEN when you back flush for a few minutes.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Hey guys and gals, my wife and I are leaving Friday to tow the new baby to a campground in Elberton ga, for 13 wks, she is a travel nurse, so, I'll have plenty of time to work out the bugs and kinks in a new unit. Quick question for whoever, I've always closed the black tank valve after emptying it, and then turned on the black flush for a few minutes, I didn't try this on the new unit, because of the whining noise and lack of water flow. I didn't want to take a chance on breaking something that early, lol. I'll be setting up Friday afternoon, and will play with it some more. thanks for all of your input. God bless.
I keep it closed when the black flush is on all the time. But not for long and I don't leave it. Post #10 on this thread:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ts-168499.html

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black water, flush, water