Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2016, 04:24 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3
Black Water Holding Tank Separated From Trailer

Hi Folks
I have a 2012 Salem Villa Classic Park Model.
Over the weekend I noticed a bad smell while sitting on my deck and when I investigated, I found that the black water holding tank had completely separated from the trailer and was laying on the ground!
I couldnít believe it! When I asked around the park where we camp no one had ever heard of this happening. Both the black and grey water tanks are pumped out regularly, at least once per week.
Since it was over the weekend and a holiday yesterday, I havenít been able to speak with the local seller that I purchased the trailer from. I will be calling them later this morning.
My question is, this should be covered by some type of manufactures warranty should it not?
Has anyone out there had this same issue?
__________________

__________________
rtibb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:48 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
ilmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtibb66 View Post
Hi Folks
I have a 2012 Salem Villa Classic Park Model.
Over the weekend I noticed a bad smell while sitting on my deck and when I investigated, I found that the black water holding tank had completely separated from the trailer and was laying on the ground!
I couldnít believe it! When I asked around the park where we camp no one had ever heard of this happening. Both the black and grey water tanks are pumped out regularly, at least once per week.
Since it was over the weekend and a holiday yesterday, I havenít been able to speak with the local seller that I purchased the trailer from. I will be calling them later this morning.
My question is, this should be covered by some type of manufactures warranty should it not?
Has anyone out there had this same issue?

If it's a 2012 any warranty is long ago expired.
__________________

__________________
2017 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLE
ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:58 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 10,365
Did you just buy it from the "Local Seller"? Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3
Purchased it from a local dealer. Called this morning and said it would only be covered for the first year. Called Forest River directly and they said the same. I guess I thought where it is something that rarely happens it may be covered under some type of structural warranty but apparently not.
__________________
rtibb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:51 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 2,909
Any idea what failed to allow the tank to fall other than "it was laying on the ground"?
You mentioned you have your tanks "pumped out regularly."
Did someone possibly do damage to your tank/supports while "pumping out?"
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:03 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 10,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Any idea what failed to allow the tank to fall other than "it was laying on the ground"?
You mentioned you have your tanks "pumped out regularly."
Did someone possibly do damage to your tank/supports while "pumping out?"
Picker you might be on to something! If they use a BIG vacuum pump that could overcome the Vent or the Vent is defective would allow the Tank to Suck In and Fall if the supports were just the L shape type! Just a "WAG"! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:13 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Picker you might be on to something! If they use a BIG vacuum pump that could overcome the Vent or the Vent is defective would allow the Tank to Suck In and Fall if the supports were just the L shape type! Just a "WAG"! Youroo!!
Roger that...kinda what I was thinking.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:40 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3
Looks like the bolts that hold the straps rusted right off the frame.
__________________
rtibb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtibb66 View Post
Looks like the bolts that hold the straps rusted right off the frame.
WOW! Must be really wet where your unit is parked.
__________________

__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
water, trailer, tank, black, black water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.