Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #1

Blu-Ray Up Dates

FYI, If you have a Blu-ray DVD Player in your camper and you find that it takes longer to load then normal or if the DVD freezes, It is a good indication that the DVD Player needs to be up dated. As new movies come out the codes are changed by the DVD manufacture to keep people from making copies. It is recommended to up date every 6 months. This is for new releases, ones that you already have will not be effected. The reason I have posted this is because, if you are camping you will need a PC to copy a discs from the manufacture of your DVD Player on line for the up dates. It may be a good Idea to do this before you go camping. I have a Sony and they suggest using a CD-R discs for the up dates. Some DVD plyers can be connected right to your PC for the up dates. I have two of them and they are two years old and was having problems with Netflix after a phone call from there tech support I was informed of these up dates. I am like most people we do not read the manuals completely. When you go to your mamufactures web site the down loads are under "FIRMWARE" you will need your model number. The up dates are FREE.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #2

Great info. Thanks
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1956 View Post
Great info. Thanks
x2
thanks
wow , i never knew