Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 08:58 PM   #1

Body work

I sent my camper in for some minor body work. A neighborhood punk punctured the back of my camper leaving a 2" hole in the siding. No other damage just the hole requiring replacement of the very top panel. The RV body shop I took it to missed the repair deadline by 2 months. They finally called and said I could come pick it up. So I get there and the back of the camper looked worse than when I dropped it off. They made dents and scratches the the panels that had no damage at all as well as the trim being dented and bent up. They reinstalled the stove vent not only crooked but sticking out a 1/4" farther than it is supposed to be. A dent in the front panel also appeared out of nowhere. I went inside to check out the rest of the camper to find the shower door laying on the floor in the living room. Did I mention the camper was less than a year old when I dropped it off? Is this typical or large name RV dealers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #2

I cant speak for all as im sure there are good ones out there, but i took our first TT for repair to a highly recommend repair shop with about the same results. Our dealer has been the same with warranty work. Take it in for simple warrant and its returned with more damage caused by them. Almost a year later and i still dont have it fixed because they are to busy to fit me in
KIPKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #3

Contacted

The customer service from this place is unbelievable. It took better than 10 calls to get a call back from the manager. He called and said they will repair all the damage so we will see. I'm not going to hold my breath.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:09 PM   #4

If I drop mine off anywhere, I take outside/inside pictures at the dealership for the time and Location stamp. I usually tell the order taker that I will bring the keys in as soon as I get my pictures. That way, they know.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #5

July 8th till now I still don't have my camper back.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #6

The squeaky wheel gets the oil. In person visits are way more effective than phone calls.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:39 PM   #7

Normally I would agree but they don't seem to care. That and I get someone different every call. Apparently they have nothing but managers there and never the correct one.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:21 AM   #8

Dropped mine at GRW, it was completed almost 2 months later but with a full black tank and the valve was open. Like some sick prank I was gonna fall for. They denied all of it till I got very verbal.
rblack22 is offline   Reply With Quote