Old 10-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #11
Infractee

Thanks for everybodies quick and helpful replies! It is greatly apreciated.
RZ

Old 10-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Sorry for the confusion, should have read ran water at each valve/tap. Only trying to run it on elec right now, have not turned on gas. That will be after I get the water heater working on electric.
One more thing to look out for. If you heat your water by elec, then switch to gas, the red light may not come on and the water heater may not try to light. It's because the water in the tank is already hot. After the water cools the gas side will operate normally. I ran into this a couple of times before NWJeeper was able to helped me out.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #13
Infractee

Thumbs up

Found it!!

Lower aft end of WH area, under a lot of pipes and wires.

It even has an R key to safe it in the off position, for when it is winterized I am assuming?
Pulled the pin, hit the switch and after about 5 minutes warm water started flowing.

Thanks again for every body's help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	3668  
Old 10-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #14

I have one suggestion and this is what I do and it works for me, after camping I turn the breaker off in the breaker panel to the water heater this way I know that the water heater is off.
When we go back out for camping and connect the city water up and turn it on I then open all hot water sides to all of the sinks to make sure a steady flow of water is present then I turn the breaker on to the water heater. This work every time and while driving away I don't have to think back and try to remember If I turn the switch off to the water heater.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #15
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I have one suggestion and this is what I do and it works for me, after camping I turn the breaker off in the breaker panel to the water heater this way I know that the water heater is off.
When we go back out for camping and connect the city water up and turn it on I then open all hot water sides to all of the sinks to make sure a steady flow of water is present then I turn the breaker on to the water heater. This work every time and while driving away I don't have to think back and try to remember If I turn the switch off to the water heater.

Thanks for the tip, I am currently writing a pre and post flight check list to be done before towing to and during setup at camp and then breaking camp/towing home and subsequent unloading and trip back to the hangar.
Water heater on and off W/purge will be on them.

I will have my checklist and Me Wife will have hers.....
Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #16
Infractee

A quick picture of the new toy... more to come.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP7100.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	3669  
Old 10-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #17

Pheeew ! My fingers were crossed for you ! I am glad it was in the off position. I always turn it off when I am done camping regardless of whether I have water in the water heater tank or not. Just in case it leaked or something and it is dry and might be harmed when I plug in the power, as that is the first thing I do when I am setting up.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 AM   #18

Very nice camper .Looking forward to more pics. Good luck and enjoy
Old 10-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #19

rockwood06-I just picked up our new Signature Ultralite 8296SS this past weekend and during the walkthrough with the dealer, the tech mentioned that some people turn the heater off by using the breaker, as you do. However, he said this could weaken the breaker over time and it may start to trip on its own, unecessariily. I just thought I would share that.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Tow View Post
rockwood06-I just picked up our new Signature Ultralite 8296SS this past weekend and during the walkthrough with the dealer, the tech mentioned that some people turn the heater off by using the breaker, as you do. However, he said this could weaken the breaker over time and it may start to trip on its own, unecessariily. I just thought I would share that.
Also be careful that something else is not wired into the same breaker. On my Surveyor, the water heater and the fridge use the same breaker.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote