Old 08-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #1

breaker panel "GEN"?

Just fixed the blower stuck on problem with my furnace...
traced wires back to panel and located 15 amp fuse for the furnace delay relay..This circuit is seperate from the furnace 15amp circuit... Note it was marked "fridge".. The whole panel is marked wrong 11 DC circuits and only 10 name plates filled in..on the AC side there is a 15amp breaker named "GEN"--any clue what this might be for? other AC circuits are "MAIN__"AC"__MICRO__GFI>> the camper is a basic salem 27BHSS TT with no aparent location for a generator.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:08 PM   #2

" GEN " may possibaly be for your generator hook up..

2009 Weimaraner "Dog"
onequicksportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #3

I have a pigtail in the belly of my WC, that hooks to the generator, that way you will have breaker protection.
2009 Weimaraner "Dog"
onequicksportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarrieau View Post
Just fixed the blower stuck on problem with my furnace...
traced wires back to panel and located 15 amp fuse for the furnace delay relay..This circuit is seperate from the furnace 15amp circuit... Note it was marked "fridge".. The whole panel is marked wrong 11 DC circuits and only 10 name plates filled in..on the AC side there is a 15amp breaker named "GEN"--any clue what this might be for? other AC circuits are "MAIN__"AC"__MICRO__GFI>> the camper is a basic salem 27BHSS TT with no aparent location for a generator.
my panel has the same thing as yours. it says "gen". i have no idea what it is or where it goes to. i also have one 15k a/c unit but have two breakers marked a/c. it is pre-wired for a second a/c is that what the other one is for or does my one a/c use two breakers? the "gen" has me stumped.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #5

i just got finished going through all my breakers and figuring out what they do. i dont have the same model as you do, so i dont know if this is true for you or not.... but my GEN circuit consists of...

- all the outlets that are NOT GFI outlets
- the 12 VDC battery charger/maintainer on the converter

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtchief View Post
my panel has the same thing as yours. it says "gen". i have no idea what it is or where it goes to. i also have one 15k a/c unit but have two breakers marked a/c. it is pre-wired for a second a/c is that what the other one is for or does my one a/c use two breakers? the "gen" has me stumped.
no, your AC only uses one of the breakers. i have this same setup in mine (only they are 20A breakers). i pulled the front "beauty panel" off the front of the converter and there arent even any wires hooked up to one of the breakers. (the factory was nice enough to not even mark the extra breaker....thus i had no idea what it was for before i pulled the front panel off)

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
no, your AC only uses one of the breakers. i have this same setup in mine (only they are 20A breakers). i pulled the front "beauty panel" off the front of the converter and there arent even any wires hooked up to one of the breakers. (the factory was nice enough to not even mark the extra breaker....thus i had no idea what it was for before i pulled the front panel off)
i'll check to see if one of my a/c breakers doesnt have anything going to it. both of mine are 15 amp if i'm not mistaken though. i'm wondering if the 15k a/c needs the two 15 amp breakers? surely one 15amp is not enough. so maybe the "gen" stands for "general"? for the record my unit is a wildwood heritage glen 316 TBRD 5th wheel.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #8

I am very happy to have my camper in the back yard IRENE kicked our butt. possible no power for up to a week. I will trace the "GEN" circuit when things calm down.

4:10 rearend - Roxy the puppy when allowed.
41 Days camped in 2011 and counting.
rbarrieau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker