Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #1

Built in sway control in truck?

Can someone explain to me how the built-in sway control in our Ford 150 works? How can the truck itself help to stop sway? I've read what the book says, which is not much.
2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 302 FK

War Eagle
Island Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #2

TSC uses sensors in the vehicle to recognize an excessively swaying trailer and will take the appropriate actions to attempt to stop the sway. The system may reduce engine power and apply the brake of the appropriate wheel(s) to counteract the sway of the trailer. TSC will become active automatically once an excessively swaying trailer is recognized. No driver action is required. Note that TSC cannot stop all trailers from swaying. Always use caution when towing a trailer and follow the tongue weight recommendations.

I'm hope you bought a WD hitch with built-in sway control.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #3

Thank you for the explanation. It's amazing to me that sensors can do that sort of thing. Yes, we have the Reese Straitline system. There is so much on this new truck that we keep discovering new things. We sure didn't know about them when we bought it. :0
2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 302 FK

War Eagle
Island Creek is offline   Reply With Quote