Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #1

Buldge on side of my 09 Rockwood 8317ss

I have a 09 Rockwood 8317ss that has a straight line budge between the lower bunk bed window and the upper bunk window on the exterior wall. It then continues from the top of the upper window to the roof line. The buldge is about 1/2" out from the wall. It is not soft or hollow behind the bump. Any one have a similar problem. I did have a leak in this location during winter storage. It was fixed. The bump appeared 6 months later.

Thanks
mike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 AM   #2

First off to FRF. Is it possible to post a pic. With out seeing it, it may be delamination and should be covered under warranty. I had the same problem, but mine was on the right side up front.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #3

I have several large bumps like that, but they are all under my decals. They are not so or puffy, but hard, and again just under my decals. No leaks or rot, so I dont worry bout em
Fencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
Knower of Some Things

A lot of that kind of "straight line" delamination is just structure inside the wall, normally aluminum. It could also be where 2 pieces of the backing luan come together and have a bit of mismatch or gap and the lamination didn't take. Usually, it doesn't get worse. Post some pictures, if at all possible.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8317ss