Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2008, 11:26 AM   #1

Bunk Bed Hardware

I am not sure if I have the correct area to post this but here it goes:

I am looking at adding an overhead bunk in the garage of our toyhauler. Our last one had the type that would lift up manually using hydraulic shocks and would store close to the ceiling. Does anyone know where I can find the hardware or can anyone suggest how to mount an extra set of beds in the garage area? I would like them to be able to store out of the way or perhaps an electric lift.
Blind Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
Knower of Some Things

Had mine done at the factory.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #3

I also have a awning to awning friend that has a wolf pack toy hauler and is in need of the same set up so if any knows where this set up can be had please post.
hail chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Blind Dr.,

We have a "HappiJac" electric bed in our Work and Play 18LT. It is mounted across the trailer, and stores near the ceiling with our motorcycles under it for transport. They have a page here: http://www.happijac.com/products.php. Somewhere I read they won't sell a complete outfit to an individual, but do your own research. The bed runs off 12v, so when dry camping, be prepared to leave it in one position or risk running your battery down moving the bed every day. Hope this helps.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed