Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #1

cable issues with rear TV Georgetown 350ts

I have been having trouble picking up a signal on our master bedroom TV in our 2009 georgetown. It works great if we are on a cable site, but if pulling a signal off the antenna, the TV will come up and say "check your cable connections, disconnected". Yet it works great with cable. The Tv worked great in the beginning. The other TV's work perfect up front. Any ideas. Yes...the booster is on. Thanks Much
tsalboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #2

I'll make a guess...

The TV upfront has a built in digital over the air TV tuner and the rear does not...
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

You need to switch the TV from cable signal to antenna ......?
Just a thought. Swap TV's temporarily and see if it's the TV or the wiring in the trailer.
Good luck
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Check the selector box to be sure the rear TV is set to Antenna but TulsaSteve is probably right. The front TV has a digital receiver while the rear has an analog receiver so over the air broadcasts will not come through on that TV. It works on cable because the cable provider's box processes the digital signal instead of the TV. You can get a digital converter box or buy a newer TV with a digital receiver.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #5

Digital vs anolog makes sense. Thanks for the quick replys. This was my first time using this forum. Got more than i expected. Thanks again
tsalboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #6

If you have a 2009 Georgetown, you have a digital receiver on both TV's. We have a 2008 Georgetown and both are digital receivers. You may have a bad connection at one of the cable connection that goes into a splitter and then goes up to your rear TV. At that same splitter, another cable is connected leading to the front of the coach thru another splitter that splits the front and rear tv signals. This allows the boosted signal coming from the antenna be routed to both antennas. Now since I have you confused, it all comes down to a loose connection at probably one of the splitters. Since all of the wires travel thru a cable track in the ceiling, look around your TVs and behind the antenna booster for the splitters.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #7

Mine 370XL is a 2007 and is analog in the rear. Makes perfect sense that 2009s would have both TVs digital.

Assuming the TV has a single COAX on the rear and they are running both the CATV and the OTA signals in this way, seems like you could put a simple antenna on the outside CATV input to isolate the problem.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote