Old 09-07-2015, 05:40 AM   #1
Camco stack jacks

Anybody use these? They get good reviews on Walmart (for what that's worth). We have convenient yet crappy electric stabilizers. Looking for a little more stability. I'd like to go with scissor jacks but at $150-200 for 4 I would try the stack jacks at least until I got scissors on.

pjpoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:23 AM   #2
They are definitely not heavy duty (very cheap cast aluminum with a screw adjustment where the nut just sits in a octagon hole in the top) I use them in conjunction with my electric stabilizers jacks. I place one pair between rear stabilizers and rear tires and the other pair goes four feet forward of front tires. I just snug them up to the frame. I have to stack up (4 to 5) 2" x 8" x 8" boards for these jacks to reach the frame. Rocking has really been drastically reduced, but not fully eliminated. Having to haul all of these 2" x 8" x 8" boards to put under the jacks where they will reach the frame is the biggest pain.

2015 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond Package

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #3
I use them under the forward frame as it is close enough to the ground that I don't have to stack a bunch of wood.

Really helps to reduce the wiggle...yes you still get some vibration but you will in a park model on blocks if you are heavy footed.

I have rear stabilizers..and would like to put the last two of these jacks between the rear ones and entrance door but the frame steps up past the door and I would be stacking wood so high I doubt I would get enough stability to make it worth it.

but just the two I put about middle of the 34 feet of the fifth wheel helped a lot.
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #4
I used them with my Keystone Zeppelin 303 before I got the Silverback...they really helped with the rocking. I put them on concrete blocks in back, on blocks of wood in front.
Steve and Renee
2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29IK
2011 Ford F-350

Nights camped in 2015: 8
Dr Steve is offline   Reply With Quote