Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Member
 
stefatc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 38
Send a message via MSN to stefatc
Carbone monoxyde went off... help!!!

This week-end was our first camping of the year. The carbone monoxyde went off during the night. I'll describe you the scenario
-I charged my both marine batteries using a Motomaster Automatic 10/2A Battery Charger. For my batteries, I used the beep cycle. So no over charge.
-I have 2 propane tanks. One is full (I didn't use that one), the other was 1/2 full. No leak from the bottles to the inside of my TT.
-Bathroom was used as normal used and we were 3 kids, my wife and me.
-Battery #1. Friday from 5pm to 11pm we just used the frigirator, water pompe, some lights, the oven, the hot water thank. At 11pm it get a bit colder so we decided to turn on the furnace, just to kill the humidity and the cold, so 15 minutes then good night!
-Saturday, we used the same thing as the day earlier, same way. The batterie was getting low, so I decided to change batteries. So the #1 is in my truck and the #2 is working.
-I went out of the bathroom and I walked toward my bed. My carbone monoxyde detector is on the wall few inches above the floor. Once I passed it, the alarm went off... but I the same time, the fridge and the furnace were working. I can tell you that is pretty scarry!
My wife and I tried to stop that noise. Once done, I went to see a camper who was still awake and I asked him to come to my TT to see if he can detect the propane or something weird. Nothing was found. From there we turned off the propane and the batterie. So no propane not batteries, what can happen? We opened the both vents and went back to bed... 2 hours latter! The only way we had to make the alarm turned off was... open the door.
-Sunday morning, 7 hours latter... I reconnected the battery then... bip bip bip!!! so it was not the propane neither the carbone monoxyde...

Now, do you know if the black water tank can be the cause of the carbone monoxyde?
__________________

__________________
My little family! My wife Isabel, my kids: Christopher 15, Ariane 13, Anthony 12, Kevin 11, my dog Mushka 6years a great pyrenees and far away at the end me Stephane

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4X4
2005 Surveyor SC-255RS
I had Tent trailer 1999 Viking, and before that it was tent for 7 years.

Supports our troops
stefatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 313
Carbon Monoxide is from fuel being burned / improper burning. has nothing to do with black tanks or the sort. Sounds like something is not venting right. GET IT CHECKED BY A PRO, this is something you and or your family wont wake up from, it can not be smelled, seen, etc... GET IT CHECKED!!!!
__________________

__________________
~Andrew
99 F250 Super Cab Short Bed 7.3 Powerstroke
84 24' Yellowstone Camino (oldie)

http://rvpdi.com
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Member
 
stefatc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 38
Send a message via MSN to stefatc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acableguy06 View Post
Carbon Monoxide is from fuel being burned / improper burning. has nothing to do with black tanks or the sort. Sounds like something is not venting right. GET IT CHECKED BY A PRO, this is something you and or your family wont wake up from, it can not be smelled, seen, etc... GET IT CHECKED!!!!
Thanks Acableguy06. I totally agree with you. But my TT has been sitting on my driveway for 3 hours. The propane and the batteries are working, we did a test with the furnace, no change, no alarm, nothing! So who could help me with my weird problem!
__________________
My little family! My wife Isabel, my kids: Christopher 15, Ariane 13, Anthony 12, Kevin 11, my dog Mushka 6years a great pyrenees and far away at the end me Stephane

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4X4
2005 Surveyor SC-255RS
I had Tent trailer 1999 Viking, and before that it was tent for 7 years.

Supports our troops
stefatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
If the device you are hearing is a few inches off of the floor, it is probably the propane detector, not the CO detector. The CO detector should be hanging high on a wall, probably near the bedroom.

Do you smell gas ??? Propane is heavier than air, so get down on the floor to see if you can smell gas. If not, then the detector may be defective. Bout time to take your camper to your RV dealer to have it checked out.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
Member
 
stefatc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 38
Send a message via MSN to stefatc
I'm presently on the web, reading reading reading and reading about that problem. Here in my driveway everything goes fine and no beeping at all. I'm presently reading a thing about the same problem as mine. People put distily water in the batteries and no more problem... I'll work on my batteries tomorrow... More to follow.

CO Detector is not the same thing as LP Gas... mtnguy, you're right

LP gas is just just for gas and other things which can make it going off.
__________________
My little family! My wife Isabel, my kids: Christopher 15, Ariane 13, Anthony 12, Kevin 11, my dog Mushka 6years a great pyrenees and far away at the end me Stephane

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4X4
2005 Surveyor SC-255RS
I had Tent trailer 1999 Viking, and before that it was tent for 7 years.

Supports our troops
stefatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
Member
 
stefatc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Greenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 38
Send a message via MSN to stefatc
After hours on the web and a long chit chat with the dealer, we got an answer! those LP gas detector are very sensitive... They all have a life of 5 to 7 years. There are also a lot of code that you can find in the manual... if you got it, other wise it will be in the internet.

So my TT spent 3 days park in my drive way with the propane running, the battery connected, the gray and black water tank empty and no beeeeeeping anymore! The moral of that story, empty the black water more often

So have a nice beeeping day
__________________

__________________
My little family! My wife Isabel, my kids: Christopher 15, Ariane 13, Anthony 12, Kevin 11, my dog Mushka 6years a great pyrenees and far away at the end me Stephane

2006 Ford Expedition Limited 4X4
2005 Surveyor SC-255RS
I had Tent trailer 1999 Viking, and before that it was tent for 7 years.

Supports our troops
stefatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.