Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #1

Cassette Toilet doesnt flush

I started this thread last fall, so i'm including a link in case you need any additional info: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ilet-8722.html

After reading and research, I realized the toilet has its own water supply, which I filled. However, when I push down the flush knob, nothing happens. Last fall, there was a mechanical pump of some kind that sprayed water into the bowl. Now, nothing at all. Is there a reset switch I missed? An On/Off switch? I have full AC and DC power connected.

Any Suggestions?
fisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #2

It's possible after reading the linked thread that you didn't get the toilet winterized completely and you froze a line somewhere in your cassette toilet. Also, there should be a clear tube to indicate your water level in the fresh tank, make sure it is connected correctly, that may be a source of loosing the pressure created to flush... just a suggestion.

Also, it probably is a Thetford toilet, check their website to see if they have a better owner's manual that may help you trouble shoot the problem
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #3

unfortunately, you may be correct about not winterizing it properly. I held down the flush knob until the water stopped coming out, but that doesnt mean it was all gone from the system.

Does this use a small, DC powered, pump to suck the water out of the holding tank and push it to the bowl when someone flushes the toilet? Right now, there is no noise or movement at all when I push down on the flush knob. That's why I was wondering if there was a reset button or something similar that would restart it.
fisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #4

Not from my past experience does it have an electric pump. I have since sold the trailer with the pump, but it seems that it created suction when turning the pump lever to the side, if I still had the trailer I would go check it for you, sorry
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote