Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #1

CHENG AC/DC Distribution Panel

Our TT has the CHENG WF-8955PEC distribution panel and during this last w/e trip I noticed that its internal fan cycles on and off quite frequently. It must cycle about 20 times an hour for about a minute or so of on-time. Is this normal? There are no other issues that I have noticed and everything in the TT is working perfectly (other than an out of commission furnace that is currently disconnected).
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #2

Talked to WFCO/CHENG USA Tech Support ((574) 294-8997), according to them the internal cooling fan has three speeds: low when the draw is under 10amps, medium when around 20amps, and high speed when draw is 30amps or higher. Also according to them the fan is pretty much on all of the time with the speed (and my ability to hear it) depending on the load.

This would explain why I don't hear at all while in bed, all lights/appliances are off = little draw. And do when up and about with just about everything in the TT going (lights, fans, TV, etc) = high load.

So, I think all is well.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I notice that I can make my fan speed up by just turning on 1 lite if it is near the threshold.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Site Team

what you're describing sounds normal.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote