Old 07-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #11
Hi Displaced2, I hope you are correct in that the unit just needs to be replaced. My unit has a 2012 stamp on it, so I assume it is 3 years old, and not that close to the 5 year replacement date. That said, I have read several posts that said the 5 year replacement date is a joke, and it frequently requires replacement every couple of years or more. The first year I owned this new trailer (2013), we had no problems during our sleeptime hours, then at the end of 2014, we did have a couple of sleep disruptions on our last trip. Then on this first major trip of 2015 (3 week trip), we had almost every night disruptions of 2 to 3 times a night. I consider false alerts as dangerous, because you start assuming the alert does not mean anything, but you can't ignore that shrieking alert, and I have to get up to reset it, while the rest of my family just assumes it is not a "real" danger. If I evacuated all of my family every night as the alarm instructs, then no one would sleep, and I would be even more exhausted. I don't know if this will be the solution, as it was for you, but I have decided to replace the alert component, and get a newer model--it is scheduled to arrive in a week or so, and I will replace it, and see what happens in about a month when we go on another trip. If I still get false alerts, I think I will get a CO detector from a hardware store, and disarm the current system. I am not wanting to ignore CO dangers, but false alerts are very dangerous in that they desensitize you to the real potential danger. I think Safe T Alert should do a better job of producing a detector that is not so susceptible to false alerts, but so far I have not found an alternative to Safe T Alert for my RV except for the more traditional models used for homes.

donteeler is offline   Reply With Quote