Old 11-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #21
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post
Doc73,,,,if your condensation problem is only where the walls meet the ceilings in the cabinets......read the post from me two above your's. I'm tickled pink that my problem was solved so cheaply and quickly.
No cabinets are good, just the windows fogging up all the time when making it warm.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:58 PM   #22

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Lg,,,,,I used the calcium chloride for a while, but it was too much bother,,,,and I had to be very careful to not spill it on my leather couch. The fans I'm using is so much better and my mind is at ease now. I don't have to worry about the salty liquid, refilling the grids or anything.....just plug in the fans and let er rip.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:27 PM   #23

condensation

I had the same problem and I just cracked a window and the moisture window away. If you have a cover over your roof vent you can open the vent a very little.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:07 PM   #24

I have a Haier 32 pint dehumidifier from Walmart. It's on sale for $130 right now. I have been running it in my house basement for 2 years without problem, and it brings the humidity down to about 45% (measured with an electronic humidity meter). It consumes 500 watts, so that's about 5 amps. You can empty the 4 gallon tank daily, or screw a length of garden hose on the back.

I tried an Eva-Dry before, and it was useless. It only condensed a few ounces of water per day. They work on an odd electronic phenomenon called the Peltier effect, which is very limited in its ability.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:16 PM   #25
Site Team

I use a 30pint/day dehumidifier when it is cold outside. Keeps everything dry. When I store it at home, I keep it plugged in to keep spring and summer moisture out. No mold ever. I have a raised shower floor and ran a 1/2" clear vinyl hose thru the side of the raised floor then out thru the Coroplast belly liner. Added a hose fitting adapter to the inside end and never have to drain tank. I used a brass splice connector just inside the shower pedestal so I can disconnect hose when not needed in summer.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #26

I heat the camper up, and then open the top vents and let the warm, moist air out. It may take 2 or 3 heatings and ventings to get the moisture out. I have only had to do this a couple of times, but I've learned from it... Anytime we shower, the vent is on and stays on for a bit after. Ant time we're cooking, the vent hood is on and drawing the humid, steamy air out. Prevention is better than having to try to dry out the camper. Yes, it can be a bit cool for a while while doing this, but it works.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:36 PM   #27

The furnace will not "create moisture" it will only circulate what is already in the coach. The furnace is a closed system meaning the air it draws in is heated then expelled out the exhaust. Therefore, the heated air is then blown into the coach with a blower, so the moisture has to be in the coach for the heater system for blow it around.
Now as for ways moisture gets in, well this is a big list, leaks in the windows. RV windows have a small cut/whole in the bottom to allow water to leak outside, holes around slides, some/most lower end coaches have slides that do not seal out the weather well at all, cooking, showers, and the last thing most do not think of is "breathing". Most people during just the evening time while sleeping can expel about one gallon of water into the air.
Therefore, as you can see water/moisture comes in many forms and has always been an issue with RVís.
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:41 PM   #28

The furnace will not "create moisture" it will only circulate what is already in the coach. The furnace is a closed system meaning the air it draws in is heated then expelled out the exhaust. Therefore, the heated air is then blown into the coach with a blower, so the moisture has to be in the coach for the heater system for blow it around.
Now as for ways moisture gets in, well this is a big list, leaks in the windows. RV windows have a small cut/whole in the bottom to allow water to leak outside, holes around slides, some/most lower end coaches that have slides do not seal out the weather well, cooking, showers, and the last thing most do not think of is "breathing". Most people during just the evening time while sleeping can expel about one gallon of water into the air.
Therefore, as you can see water/moisture comes in many forms and has always been an issue with RVís.
So to help this issue you need to open a top vent for a number of hours per day to allow the moisture to escape.
If you are plugged in you can use a dehumidifier to help but you will need to keep an eye on the water level, as explained above you will get a large number of water.
Hope some of this helps and Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:28 PM   #29

Good info, Thanks to all.
We had a couple damp spots this weekend during weather in the teens.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:43 PM   #30

A small Vornado space heater with the fan circulating air in my trailer and I crack my roof vents. No more condensation!

https://www.visitedstatesmap.com/image/NCTNVAsm.jpg
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote