Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #21

@cardwellmarty, I'm almost inclined to wonder if you have water heater exhaust managing to get inside the cabinet.
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryanpeters View Post
@cardwellmarty, I'm almost inclined to wonder if you have water heater exhaust managing to get inside the cabinet.
I have recently replaced the water heater, took my time to seal everything well, but the new water heater works better l am sure, heating that is, because the old water heater was 10 years old. I only use electricity, there is no gas even hooked to the water heater, l don't like idea of gas in such confined areas. I know gas can be safe if used properly, but going to sleep with it l have a fear. I have checked the area the water heater is in, no condensation, only where the heat rises to the shelf above, the area below where the water heater is located is pretty much separated.
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #23

Also l even removed some of the supplies on the shelf where condensation is present to help with air circulation, it seemed to help but not solve the issue. I thought to put rubbermaid racks on the shelf and raise everything 6 inches above the shelf to see if it would help with air circulation, may have to add some sort of decrotive vent holes in the cabinet to the inside of the room.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #24

Going to throw something out there as a possible cause and solution. If there is no unusual reason the you turn off the water heater during the day, try leaving it on.

My thinking is that when you turn the unit off, it is getting cold In that area. Allowing the water heater to stay on and keeping that area warm may keep the condensation from occurring. You may get the initial moisture you speak off but once removed it may not return. If it does then I would look for a problem with cold air getting into that area.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:04 PM   #25

Read Johnbryanpeters post made me think of another issue. Is the insulation around the water heater intact. Even a large crack may be letting heat escape. I can reach in and put my hand on our water heater when it is in use the only warm area is the hot water hose coming out the back of the unit.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
Read Johnbryanpeters post made me think of another issue. Is the insulation around the water heater intact. Even a large crack may be letting heat escape. I can reach in and put my hand on our water heater when it is in use the only warm area is the hot water hose coming out the back of the unit.
All your information is spot on for condensation, l am a little embarrassed but l have been dealing with condensation in the cabinets in the bedroom also above the couch and dining table, and behind the headboard of the bed. I have taken care of all these areas. When l started getting water under the kitchen sink, just above the water heater with the cold weather the first thing l thought is condensation, l had replaced sink drains late summer, and did leak checks randomly, no leaks, after l first seen water l re checked the sink, ran water and also let water stand in both sinks, no leaks, must be condensation, wrong, l filled the sink with just hot water to check it once more, l let it set aprox. 30 minutes, a small leak on sink drain presents itself. Have washed dishes since late summer have not seen the leak and only have seen water two or three times. I used plumbers putty and must of let the drain spin a little when l was tightening it. So thanks for all the help all of y'alls advice was spot on for condensation, lol.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #27

Just glad you finally got that bugger fixed. Hate leaks.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #28

Me to, but here in the south it's called eat'n crow when you have to admit you were wrong, especially to this extent, lol. It got me. Yes l am glad l got it fixed to. You had great ideas thanks for the help.

Tags
cabinets