Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2018, 04:00 AM   #1

Connex Soundbar

Just purchased a 2019 Columbus 340RK. Having problems getting the Connexx SB-26 sound bar to operate with remote control in living room area. The sound bar operates if you use buttons on the sound bar itself. If you use the remote control the unit is hard to turn on, when it comes on any button you push turns it back off. Tried new batteries, also no help.
Called tech line at Connexx, they sent a new unit but it has the same problem. They are stumped! Any help would be great. Thanks
PowerStroke7.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:05 PM   #2

Hi, I have a Keystone Sprinter Limited 3531 FWDEN and my story is the exact same thing as you. I have the same sound bar and the same problem. I also received a new sound bar which has the same problem.

I went to the dealer twice for other things and asked them to check it out at the same time and they could not find the problem.

I decided to save my time and sanity and just bought a new sound bar with wireless rear speakers and subwoofer. I was under $200 and I am much happier now.

I suggest you do the same and throw that piece of sh...t in the garbage or sell it without remote control.

Cheers
navigation64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #3

connex soundbar

Have had unit to Columbus factory and they also replaced soundbar. Ready to give up and buy a new soundbar. What brand and model did you buy? Thanks for the help.....
PowerStroke7.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:05 PM   #4

Hi again,

Before I started looking for a new soundbar, I decided that it would be pointless to look for one that is made for RVs because it would be hard to find, it would be of lesser quality and the choices would be very limited so I decided to go for a soundbar made for a home.

I bought a VIZIO SB3651-E6 on Amazon (see the link below). If you do some research, you will find one for $200 or less. You could also find one for about $180 if you don't mind going with a refurbished soundbar. I went with the new one for $20 more.

I lost the radio capability but the reception was not good in my RV anyway. I still have the possibility to play on the soundbar whatever is playing on my electronic devices (smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc). I also lost the capability to play music on my outside speakers but I did not care since I very seldom used them anyway. I am sure that you can find one that has audio out capability for outside speakers if it important to you.

This one has SmartCast which means that if you have a network (router) in your house, you can play what is on your smartphone (for example) on your TV and soundbar. For example: I am watching a video on Youtube on my smartphone and decide that I would like to watch it on my TV and listen to it on my surround sound system (soundbar), I click on one icon on my smartphone and voilà!

I hope that this will help you. Let me know if they finally fix it.

https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-SmartCa...s=vizio+sb3651
navigation64 is offline   Reply With Quote