Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2017, 05:05 PM   #1

Cordless nail/crown guns

This question goes out to all the RV techs, as myself is a RV tech, when it comes to doing any kind of woodworking inside a trailer and you have to find an air hose with the compressor have any if you decided to go cordless with your nail guns, I myself like to be mobile when I'm out on the lot and I'm doing work and not always able to have an air compressor plus the time it takes so I've been considering a battery powered nail gun crown gun, so I'm guess what I'm asking is anybody out there using those in their line of work and if so is it helping you out is it a lot better than just staying with pneumatic setup?? any helpful insight is very much appreciated
lozki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #2

The company that redid the interior of my house after a fire use one for all the trim. I tried it a couple times. Very easy to get how you needed it. I have been thinking of getting one although I have two that use an air hose.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:18 PM   #3

Yeah I'm looking easy use and to cut down on Dragging an air hose and a compressor out to where ever I'm working at I like the idea of cordless and cordless airguns have made leaps and bounds in the last few years, so if anybody's use one or using one in their line of work let me know how it does
Old 09-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #4

Not exactly what you are talking about but I just bought a cordless DeWalt impact wench (700 Ft lbs tightening and 1200 Ft lbs loosening) and I will say it is one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. I have an air impact and I never get it out because I don't want to deal with the compressor, air hoses, etc. The first job I did with it was changing my 13 year old shocks on my motor home. Took both front wheels off with it and then did all 4 shocks. It loosened the 1 1/8" bolts for the shocks like they were butter. Never had it so easy changing shocks before.

With the quality of batteries now-a-days, I got to believe a nail gun would be great too. If you do get one, let us know how you like it.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:00 PM   #5

Guy that did some remodel on our farm house last winter had a battery nail gun and it was the Cat's Pajamas! I have no memory of what brand, sorry. But they exist. And it worked great.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #6

Cordless nail/crown guns

Cool guys thanks for the inputs, I'm going to go check them out and see what there all about I'll post my findings and let you all know what happens.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #7

I think you will find it is easier to use and wonder why you waited so long to get one!
Old 09-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #8

Everyone has there version. I like Passload. 18 gauge. However it is fuel cell and battery. Cold weather effects this Gun.
DEWALT has just brought to Market there 20 volt 18 gauge nailer. No fuel needed in there gun. I'd go one of these brands.
At home I have the Ryobi cordless battery only. But it's to heavy for daily use.
GO DEWALT or PASSLOAD.
john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by john5646 View Post
Everyone has there version. I like Passload. 18 gauge. However it is fuel cell and battery. Cold weather effects this Gun.
DEWALT has just brought to Market there 20 volt 18 gauge nailer. No fuel needed in there gun. I'd go one of these brands.
At home I have the Ryobi cordless battery only. But it's to heavy for daily use.
GO DEWALT or PASSLOAD.

Thanks for the input, I've looked at the dewalt cordless guns there really nice but a lil high on price, but I do understand you get what you pay for so going cheap could hurt In he long run...I'll look into passload. Thanks again john5646 [emoji481][emoji481]
Old 09-16-2017, 12:24 PM   #10

Question about shore power. When plugged into shore power. I hear what sounds like a fan motor running all the time. The sound is coming from the master electrical fuse panel. Is this normal?
299re 2018 hemisphere.
Thanks
Vernon Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #11

Have a dewalt battery operated wouldn't be without it. Great tool use it for moldings and paneling all the time.
Gonefishing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #12

I would say that is the fan for your converter. If you are using a large amount of 12volt you will hear it. I hear mine only when out side. Mine is in my back bin. Hope this helps.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
I would say that is the fan for your converter. If you are using a large amount of 12volt you will hear it. I hear mine only when out side. Mine is in my back bin. Hope this helps.

Yes i'm pulling a big load off 12v that fan should kick on and it's cooling down the converter
Old 09-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post

Yes when you are pull a lot of 12v that fan kicks in to cool things down
Old 09-16-2017, 01:19 PM   #15

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
I've had air wrenches, impacts, nail guns, etc. for forever. I just recently bought my first cordless impact wrench and was not disappointed with it's abilities...I love the convenience of cordless. At some point though, it WILL need new batteries...and on that day, I will likely have a different opinion of cordless devices.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote