Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #21

The filter you are showing should be very similar to a refrigerator water filter. It can be removed and the water flow then bypasses the filter. It would not have to be in place to flush the antifreeze from the system.

It would be suggested to never reuse a water filter because the water in the filter may have stagnated, bacteria, etc. Any time a new filter is installed it should be flushed through with at least 2 gallons of water or until the water is clear in a glass. The purpose of flushing is to clear impurities in a new filter. If the water is cloudy, continue flushing until it is clear.

Filters should be changed every six months with normal use. If used less frequently, you should get through a season.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:47 PM   #22

drinking water filter

Fron a old Culligan dealer. Just hold a bucket under it and open the valve. If no valve just use the old filter. Cholrine will not hurt the filter it probably has silver inpregnated carbon in it which removes chlorine. The RV AF I would not run through it. Good luck
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #23

We have water filters in the fridge and whole house filter in our RV. I have kept an old filter for each of the systems. When I get ready to winterize or de winterize I plug in the old filter to run anti freeze through the system and don't remove the old filter until we have flushed the anti freeze and sanitized the water tank with chlorine. Then I replace the filter with a new one.
Wesley1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:29 PM   #24

Does culligan make a dummy cartridge you could put on to clean and sanitize the system? Otherwise you could get a 3/8 or 1/4 coupler put the hose together clean and sanitize it without the mount. Then do the mount separately in your sink in your house and reinstall.

I work in the water industry and my company doesn't service culligan as much of their stuff is proprietary and doesn't interchange with other products.

This is what we use that's a similar filter but they make a couple of others as well. We use a dummy cartridge to sanitize.
https://www.naturalchoicewater.com/s...bonplus-filter
steelhorsecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:46 PM   #25

de-winterizing with drinking water filtration

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Being as that is just like a filter in a refrigerator when the canister is removed there are valves that close. When you change one in a frig...you don't have to shut off the water. I'm guessing you can flush the system and no water will come out of the head that the filter locks into. You may get a very small amount of AF into the filter when it's re-installed, but running the water for awhile should flush out any of the "Non Toxic" AF.

X2. Take it off before winterizing and you are good to go. Flush. Reinstall. Use.

I had a setup like this on my old unit. Dang I need to do another.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:46 PM   #26

It wasn't a dummy cartage, but the dealers could get a plug type cartage head onle thet we used. You may check with a culligan dealer to see if one is available. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:52 PM   #27

Just by pass the filter by connecting both ends
WolfPup2018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, winter