Old 06-14-2018, 07:35 PM   #1

Delamination fix experience

We have a 2006 Sunseeker Class C. I love it and rving and do most all the regular coach maintenance trying to keep it in tip top shape. It's almost better than new!

We did have a leak from the screw holes that attach the gutters to the side wall though. The fix was to back out the screws and reseal with rv caulk.

Also had some inside paneling replaced professionally after making sure it was dried out and no mold. The area affected was to either side and below the cab over windows on the sides.

There is some minor delamination as a result. I am considering getting a kit from Camposet, spelling not sure, to fix it.

Anyone have experience with this product? Looks like you have to make some bracing to flatten out the outside wall and then inject a bonding agent through the inside wall to reattach the filon.

I know I have the skills to do this job and it is sold as a doit yourself kit, just looking for input from others who have tackled the job

Thanks
Chris

parise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:18 PM   #2

We are in the middle of our delamination fix at the moment. Depending on what resources you already have, buying an entire kit may or may not be advantageous.

Items required are quiet readily available separately, but the purchase of the kit gets you a phone line to discuss your particular circumstance with an expert at the vendor.

We already had a lot of the items that would be in a kit, so we chose to go at it on our own. We bought the two part resin on line and in doing so were able to buy a lot more at a lower price - 1.5 gals was about $75 plus shipping.

We increased our knowledge of what needed to be done by watching YouTube videos…some are very good…some have to be taken with a grain of salt.

We fixed a couple of small areas to try out before we tackled the underside of a cabover, which needed about 6 to 8 square feet reattached.

We are very pleased with the results…

Injecting the resins is a 20 minute job…messy…but straight forward.

The real work is the preparation. We spent two full days setting up scaffolding, making bracing, taping and covering with plastic sheeting.

Not being experts, we dripped a lot of resin and usually had to mix more in the middle of the application, all the while watching the clock in order to get the clamps on. Handling the mixing cups, syringes and spreading paddles was very slippery.

All and all a very doable job…

Joe

Creedmore P Crawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:44 PM   #3

Thanks Joe. Good info. Confirming my prep work thoughts. Good idea to do a small area first. My cab over underbelly is ok.

I had not looked yet at YouTube. I've found the same issues with YouTube. I usually try to cross check info as a lot is suspect. Will look into it more!
parise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:26 PM   #4

I tried googling Camposet and didn't come up with anything in english. I'm assuming you're talking about fibreglass delamination? If you know someone with a vacuum setup, that is really the way to go when it comes to repairing delamination. It sucks the air out (obviously) and forcing atmosphere to apply a lot of even pressure on the panel.

Good luck,
1953 GMC 9314
Lins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delamination