Old 09-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #11
AKA Bluebird
Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Apparently the 2011s had a different table mounting system. Then someone improved it and:

Now it don't work no more

Happy Camping! ///// Richard D.
2006 4x4 Ford 250 SD / 2007 Flagstaff 827 FLS
One very patient wife and one furry child who travels with us. Forty-two years of trailering and camping, and I still have a blast.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #12
Looks to me like in pic number 2, the table was/is designed to fit flush with the side wall, as mine does. It would/should lay over the top of that wheel well cover, if that is what the wood box next to the wall is. If that was my table, I'd remove that framework on the underside, and either modify the existing setup, OR change it back to the old style that most everybody else has. That table sticking out would definitely not be acceptable to me! Good Luck, Randy

/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #13
Reading your post brought back memories of another almost identical post, Well, I guess my mind is not as bad as my wife says it is (I like to call it selective memory!), in any case, here is that post Sad that FR thinks this is acceptable!
Frank, I actually did find that post in my forum search when I was looking to see if anyone had posted any issues with the scissor leg type table before I posted LOL. I never noted an outcome response on that particular topic above so was not feeling too optimistic!

dimurrrw, I had not thought to search the older models to see what set up they had. It surely fits far better than mine does! LOL. I do really like the idea of the table I *do* have - it is very sturdy and does scissor down quite easily, so it's a quick set and and down.

Randy, you are dead on correct in that the table (if the base was done correctly) would fit perfectly against the wall. So the size of the tabletop is not at all the issue - only the base. There is no way around changing it easily - I have tried repositioning it and even thought of moving the legs but there is no way about it as the one side already is mounted right up against the edge of the table. The only way I could see it being able to be modified using the orginal legs (which as I said I very much like) might be to chop it all in half and then reweld it so the legs are closer together. I'm not a welder, however, nor am I sure this would resolve the issue. May have to bit the bullet and get the different leg set up (though not sure about the wall mount set up as I keep envisioning this would become loose). I'm not very knowledgeable about RV build etc so I am really not keen on trying to "fix" it myself. With my luck, I would drill through electrical or damage some other components. Really, I suppose I am thinking it is a manufacturer's error in a poorly fitting component and I hope it can be resolved. I would hate to have to pay significant amounts of money in damaging the trailer because of this LOL.

On a positive note, just to update everyone (and give FR some credit thus far as of late), after I replied on the FB page that it was quite problematic for me (and I had wacked my leg on the protruding metal bracket thingy), they did post another response for me to contact them and speak to a specific individual. I am optimistic and very hopeful that FR will be willing to work on resolving this problem for me. I am always happy to report my experiences with companies to folks who may be interested in a product I have had, so a little service to us consumers does indeed go a long way in the long run . Let's keep our fingers crossed

Thanks so much to everyone who posted their thoughts on this. As a newbie to the whole TT thing, I wasn't really sure if this was something that others would think was no big deal and if I was a bit out to lunch on how bothersome the current set up is for us!

2012 Surveyor Sport 186
2007 Toyota 4Runner V6

Nicole (Me) & Chris (DH)
Jax & Brodie (the 2 Spoiled German Shepherds)
NorthernGSDs is offline   Reply With Quote