Old 07-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #31

my key photos

This is my key. I will ask about the shank key next week.
Attached Images

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:43 PM   #32
Who Dares, Wins

You know this whole thread I was like... But he has a Sunseeker... Just realized from the sig (I am slow) you got a new rig! Congrats..

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:55 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
You know this whole thread I was like... But he has a Sunseeker... Just realized from the sig (I am slow) you got a new rig! Congrats..
Thanks. I really liked the Sunseeker but I wanted a Dynamax for many years.

This REV is what I wanted last summer but was not available. So After waiting a few months I bought the Sunseeker

The layout of the REV is much more suitable for me. I wanted a sofa and a larger bathroom. It also comes with all sorts of higher quality equipment.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:58 PM   #34
Who Dares, Wins

Someone in town where I work has a Rev in their driveway. Looks nice from the outside. Also looked spacious.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:05 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Someone in town where I work has a Rev in their driveway. Looks nice from the outside. Also looked spacious.
It is 4" shorter than the Sunseeker and a foot lower which is goodin my town. Also about a foot less in width. The Chevy chassis had a good turning radius but this REV is better. I only have to reverse once if I want to turn around in my driveway rather than two three or four times.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #36

A locksmith may be able to help. The key for that vehicle is what is commonly known as a sidewinder. Car keys today contain a transponder which must be programmed first to be able to start the engine. Since Fiat has only recently been importing cars to America a locksmith may not have the programming tool. I am a retired locksmith that has provided hundreds of transponder keys for my customers. There is a dizzying variety of keys used for vehicles today and a the procedures used for programming change frequently as well.

However, $250 is not an unreasonable price for that key. A customer once told me he spent $450 for a Mini key that looks very similar to your key You may be able to get a valet key for less since it does not have a remote.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:26 PM   #37

Thanks, I may try to get a valet key if I don't spend my retirement money on a fully operative key.

My long term, can do anything, locksmiths can not get the key blank.

I saw in a Promaster forum that there is a locksmith in North Carolina that says he can make a key but he discourages it unless one is desperate. One error and the vehicle becomes inoperative and only the factory can get it running again.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:45 AM   #38

Since I sold my business and retired a couple of years ago I am not up to date on new vehicles. Typically only a locksmith or dealer would have the machine to make a copy of a sidewinder key. Now you have a key that will turn in the ignition and let you play the radio to your hearts content but not start the engine. That's where the transponder comes into play. The computer has to learn that the code on the transponder is known. The programming procedure must be followed precisely. Some car keys can be programmed without any special equipment others need a programmer to be attached to the OBD2 port under the dash. Chrysler could be programmed without a programmer if you had 2 working keys available. However like most things you may have experience with (like a VCR) the procedure must be followed EXACTLY. In Chrysler this is where the vehicle may become inoperative. However the dealer, not factory, or some very knowledgeable locksmiths can remedy that problem. I do not know if the transponder system in that vehicle is American or Italian.
Typically another programming sequence needs to be followed to program the remote to lock or unlock the doors remotely. I learned long ago to act dumb and follow the instructions in the manuals to avoid problems like being to start the vehicle with the keys that worked a minute ago. I did gave that experience on a cold Sunday in Vermont once when I tried to program a key for my own Jeep.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:07 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Yes, you are correct it is a remote fob also. Still, too much $$$ in my opinion.
That's typical pricing for a key like that nowadays. We're all victims of things we want.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailski View Post
Since I sold my business and retired a couple of years ago I am not up to date on new vehicles. Typically only a locksmith or dealer would have the machine to make a copy of a sidewinder key. Now you have a key that will turn in the ignition and let you play the radio to your hearts content but not start the engine. That's where the transponder comes into play. The computer has to learn that the code on the transponder is known. The programming procedure must be followed precisely. Some car keys can be programmed without any special equipment others need a programmer to be attached to the OBD2 port under the dash. Chrysler could be programmed without a programmer if you had 2 working keys available. However like most things you may have experience with (like a VCR) the procedure must be followed EXACTLY. In Chrysler this is where the vehicle may become inoperative. However the dealer, not factory, or some very knowledgeable locksmiths can remedy that problem. I do not know if the transponder system in that vehicle is American or Italian.
Typically another programming sequence needs to be followed to program the remote to lock or unlock the doors remotely. I learned long ago to act dumb and follow the instructions in the manuals to avoid problems like being to start the vehicle with the keys that worked a minute ago. I did gave that experience on a cold Sunday in Vermont once when I tried to program a key for my own Jeep.
I was told that I need both keys when the third key is programmed at the Dealership.

My locksmith can cut the key but he can't get the proper blank.

On this vehicle there is no accessory position on the ignition switch which can be annoying at times.

Tags
dodge, service