Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2015, 08:04 PM   #1

Dometic Fridge Fault

Hi we have a new Rockwood 8289WS and we have error codes flashing that aren't in the "trouble shooting" pages. The two right hand lights are flashing. I can only find info if it's the two left hand lights flashing. Hoping someone has some information on this. Many thanks.
Mallysaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:22 PM   #2

Mine has auto climate control. It has a "auto" light and a "check" light. Auto is to run on "electric or gas". Check light is for "gas" only.

If the check light is blinking and your plugged into the outside power poll and you want to run on "electric", turn off the "gas" button on the fridge. You may have to turn the power button on and off to reset the fridge.

If you want to run the fridge on propane, push the button on for gas and check that you have the valves on the propane tanks turned to open position; it may be blinking because there is no gas in the tanks or you don't have the tank valves turned on. Also, depending upon the last time you ran the fridge on gas you may have air in the lines and you will have to purge the system to ignite the gas.

The left button is the on/off. The right button is electric/gas.
Timbren & Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
sonic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:45 PM   #3

The model is DMR702
Old 02-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #4

They flash on when on either AU or LP.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #5

I'm having a similar problem with my 702 except I have 3 flashing lights where my temp control is? Have you figured yours out yet?
Rockwood2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:50 AM   #6

No we are still at the repair shop. He thinks we might need a new "bottom board" which is apparently the circuit board inside the black box. I now have to try and source one as we are in Australia it might be a bit tricky.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:20 AM   #7

I guess this fridge is the newest model out.. And there isn't a great selection of spare parts for the fridge. You may just get a brand new one installed
Rockwood2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic2 View Post
Mine has auto climate control. It has a "auto" light and a "check" light. Auto is to run on "electric or gas". Check light is for "gas" only.

If the check light is blinking and your plugged into the outside power poll and you want to run on "electric", turn off the "gas" button on the fridge. You may have to turn the power button on and off to reset the fridge.

If you want to run the fridge on propane, push the button on for gas and check that you have the valves on the propane tanks turned to open position; it may be blinking because there is no gas in the tanks or you don't have the tank valves turned on. Also, depending upon the last time you ran the fridge on gas you may have air in the lines and you will have to purge the system to ignite the gas.

The left button is the on/off. The right button is electric/gas.
Yours sounds like a Norcol, when did they start putting dometic in the 8289ws?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge