Old 12-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #1

Drain cocks

Anyone know where the drain cock is located for the fresh water on a 2006 Georgetown class A motorhome?

Old 12-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #2

We have an 07. The low point drains are on the left side of the coach in the same compartment as the propane tank. If you are winterizing you will also want to drain the water heater and the water pump. I took my unit to Humphryey's RV in Grand Junction, Colorado this year. The tech showed me how to disconnect the pump from the water lines and pump anti freeze into the pipe system. It might be worth having a pro show you the first year. It cost us about $75. Lastly ours has a hot water heater bypass valve in the space under the sink that can be accessed through one of the lower adjacent cabinets.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #3

Thanks Rangerbob... I just purchased this motorhome and the fresh water tank still had water and needed to drain it. I searched long and hard for the drain cock but could not find it. I did locate the low point drains and drained the water from there but I was not sure if this also drained the fresh water tank as well. This unit does not have the bypass valves for the hot water tank so I cant pump antifreeze through the lines. I finally found the water pump but the only access to it is through a small 6" portal and can hardly see it so I cant disconnect the water line to blow out the pump so that it wont freeze. I am assuming that the low point drains is supposed to fully drain all lines and the water heater and hopefully the fresh water tank as well.