Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #1

Duals

I am new to RVing. I am having a heck of a time trying to check the air in my duals. I have a 2007 Forest River Sunseeker 3860DS Ford E-450.

I figured if I could remove the hubcaps, I'd be able to check the outer tire as the hubcap forces the chuck at an angle that can not seat on the valve. How do the hubcaps come off? I started to pry the sides with a tire iron and they start to bend.

Also, I can not find where the jack is stowed. Anyone know where it is stowed? It did not come with the Ford manual. I am going to try to get one. Do I just ask the Ford dealer for a manual for an E-450? Or, is the manual different for ones that get sent to RV makers?
Jtroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #2

https://www.fleet.ford.com/?referrer...W%2EFord%2Ecom
look under showroom then the motorhome link

check the above site for info on your chassis
if your duals are like my 350 its a Chore to get the air chuck on, i had to put on extensions
Old 07-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Owner Guides

Try here for a Ford owner guide :

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...ageid=&gutsid=

The dual wheels may be impossible to check the air in. They must be installed correctly so you can access the inside valve stem. On some Ford wheels, there is only way this is possible. Most Techs don't have a clue. Good luck, and don't depend on the factory jack picking up the rear of your RV. Go buy a nice hydraulic bottle jack rated at more weight than 1/2 your gross weight, then you won't have any problems. Sell the factory jack on EBAY.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #4

Like I suggested in the other forum, take it to a tire shop this first time and have them set it up right for you. Also have them install the air extentions so that you can check and fill the tire properly.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #5

tire shops almost never get the clocking right on my duals and I end up doing it myself after I get the truck home

Ford trucks only have one clock position that will work for inside chuck access

good luck
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote