Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #1

Question DVD Player Question on the Roo 233s

If we're watching a DVD and have two TV's hooked up to the cable, will both TV's play the DVD? I know it's probably silly, but it's the question that my dh keep asking. Thank you.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom
If we're watching a DVD and have two TV's hooked up to the cable, will both TV's play the DVD? I know it's probably silly, but it's the question that my dh keep asking. Thank you.
On my 23SS, the DVD will only play on the tv connected to the yellow RCA jack. So essentially only the one tv will play DVD.
AcftEngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #3

When the unit plays a DVD - it does not use the same wire as Cable - it uses another wire connected from the wall plate to your TV - an RCA type cable, connected to a yellow connector (normally)
Old 03-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #4

I was wondering the same thing. I am thinking that as long as you don't turn the TV you want to watch cable onto the input mode(video) you won't receive it onto the screen. You could probably have them both fully hooked up with video in cables and just try this procedure. I kind of want another TV for the hideaway bunk in the back.

Sam and Tonya
Equal-I-zer
samsc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #5

The quick answer is "no". The DVD player video output is through the single RCA jack next to the Cable/SAT RF outputs. Audio is through the camper speakers (Concertone unit). Now one possibility you have me considering is using a RF Modulator to convert the video source to a RF signal (using the standard coax cable) and back feeding the video through the system. Could be possible. May have to get a couple of cold beverages and try it Sounds like a weekend science experiment while I still try and figure out how to mount my TV in the 233s. Still a work-in-progress.

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou

WIthout a LONG RCA cable (Female to male) running the length of the camper, I don't see a good way of doing this. (Though that will work!)

I also gave this some thought and I decided a small footprint 30 dollar DVD player and a 15 inch LED TV (bought for 100 bucks) at a electronics box store was the hands down easiest and cheapest solution.

You don't need surround sound in the bedroom and the stereo already plays there on speaker C anyway.

When boon docking I normally don't bother hooking up the bedroom TV at all. It does pull much less power than the bigger one in the living room, but who wants to watch TV on a 15 inch when the big one is available?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #7

In our Shamrock there are cable jacks and RCA jacks at both locations. That is how I deemed it possible the way I described. Yet to try it though.

Sam and Tonya
Equal-I-zer
samsc03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s