Electrical nighmare! Please help!
I have a 2000 Sandpiper 5th wheel. We have never had any problems with the electrical system at all. We sold this camper last week in hopes of getting a larger one for our growing family. When we hooked it up at the lake for the new people the very second we plugged it in it threw the GCFI breaker on the power pole at the park. We had the camper plugged in at the house that morning and had no problems but had at a friends house a couple of days before and it blew the GCFI breaker there as well. We had the converter tested and it is functioning perfectly, we searched for loose, chewed, frayed, ect wiring and found no problems in the converter or fuse areas. We then tried hooking the battery back up and now can plug it in to the pole with all the breakers off and then turn them on one by one and it will not blow---until I get to the converter/generator breaker--that blows it every time! I tried unhooking one and then the other and changing the breaker itself--no help! When both wires going into the breaker are disconnected the GCFI will not blow. As far as we know, there is no generator on this camper--we have looked EVERYWHERE! So...if there is no generator where is the wire that is marked generator go? Does anyone have any ideas on how/what to fix here??? Could the battery being bad cause this problem? It blows even if the battery is unhooked...