Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
TT owners

Electrical outlet not hooked up!

I just found an electrical outlet in our '01 T27BH that is not functioning. It is the outlet located just off the side of the sink, in front of the couch. It is on the same side of the trailer as the electrical hookup and AC/DC converter and 12V distribution panel.

While I had the trailer in the driveway for post campout cleaning, I got out the DMM and the screwdriver and made sure that everything about the outlet itself is hooked up properly. No wiring issues at the outlet itself. I then checked for continuity between the individual outlet pins and the electrical plug for the trailer. No continuity. Just to be sure, I checked one of the other outlets that got used over the weekend campout. It had full continuity.

My question is this: Where are all the 120V outlets bussed together for power distribution? Behind the AC/DC converter and 12V distribution panel? I would like to get this outlet hooked back up without having to tow the trailer in to the dealer.

Thanks for the time and advice!
3 kids
Sean&SuzieWkndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #2

If it is like ours it is tied to the gfci in the bathroom. check to make sure it is on and not tripped
PastorPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Gfci

ditto on the reset button on the GFCI
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Hopefully it's the GFIC but in our case we had one of the receptacles in the bedroom that didn't work. They had the wire from the receptacle back to a 1900 box under the bed, it ran through the romex connector but had never been stripped and connected to the other wiring. I found this out when we bought our Select Comfort Mattress and was installing a receptacle under the bed to plug the pump into.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Jeez!

Horrible!

So much for your acceptance inspection by your dealer!

WTH did they check!

Course, I can't talk. I camped for a year with my smoke detector batteries still wrapped in cellophane.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Horrible!

So much for your acceptance inspection by your dealer!

WTH did they check!

Course, I can't talk. I camped for a year with my smoke detector batteries still wrapped in cellophane.
I doubt the dealer had much time to check anything. Our delivery date was set up twice and had to be rescheduled because the unit wasn't back from the paint shop. They sent out a couple employees the day before our pick up to drive the coach back from Indiana. They got back to Hamburg PA around 6:30 PM. they actually called us. We were there when they opened the next morning so they really didn't have it very long.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #7
TT owners

Thanks for the info! I did find that the GFCI over the bathroom sink was tripped. But that leads me to another question. Why put some of the outlets on the GFCI circuit and not others? I found that that the bathroom sink outlet, the kitchen outlet, and the outdoor outlets were all on the GFCI circuit, but not the master bedroom outlet, the tv nook outlet, or the outlet back by the bunks.

Thanks again!
3 kids
Sean&SuzieWkndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
Jan Goldfield

In houses, at least, only outlets within 6' of water need to be tied to a GFI.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Look for a second one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean&SuzieWkndr View Post
Thanks for the info! I did find that the GFCI over the bathroom sink was tripped. But that leads me to another question. Why put some of the outlets on the GFCI circuit and not others? I found that that the bathroom sink outlet, the kitchen outlet, and the outdoor outlets were all on the GFCI circuit, but not the master bedroom outlet, the tv nook outlet, or the outlet back by the bunks.

Thanks again!
Our 8526 has two GFCI outlets. One controls everything aft of the bathroom as well as the wall outlet in the kitchen (it is mounted under the Bathroom sink in the cabinet face) and one on the side of the range cabinet (that works all outlets in the LR and entertainment center.

All our 110 outlets are protected by those two GFCI outlets.