Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #61

some of you guys need to have more Southern friends!!

I have two chainsaws, a buzzsaw/weedeater, a boat, another boat, a backpack blower, a four wheeler, a 'chainsaw on a stick' (14' job)........... and anytime I put 10% ethanol in ANY of these, they stop running, won't start, and cause major issues. If I dump the crappy gas and get non ethanol, they run like tops.

Small engine mechanics all over tell me to NEVER use ethanol. Station 500 yards away sells pure gas, so I'm lucky. But I'd not burn it in anything less than a vehicle, ever, no matter what. Stabil won't fix the issue, though it does help remove water.

That's my two cents.

Here's where to find it:

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #62

I was told Stabil was the trick and used it in my MCs gas tank but, I might as well have poured gravy in it for all the good it did. After sitting for 2 months it was all I could do to get the thing started even after dumping the tank. It smelled like lacquer too.
If you go to your local home improvement store in the lawn section they sell cans of regular and premixed fuel and they are all ethanol free, must be a reason for that I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Forest River Forums mobile app
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #63

One thing that will help start any unit is Sea Foam. But be careful with how much you use. No good Southern Redneck would leave home without a bottle. It's saved my bacon often. But it's NOT a solution to anything, just a bandaid. Finding and using non ethanol fuel is, I'm 100% convinced, the only answer to small engine issues.
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #64
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

PERFECT EXAMPLE of ethanol.

Gates fuel line two years old on a 1969 chevy c40.

Truck has sat for 1 year in storage.

Leaking and rotted from ETHANOL.

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1399402646807.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	51837  
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #65
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #66
Oklahoma Proud

Im with you turbs, daily drivers I use e10.
Genny, mowers, weedeater, saws, boat, side by side, 4wheeler, old 2 ton gasser they all get 100% and usually marine stabil (since I always have it around for the boat).
Most of our local stations still have 100% or both. In Okc there is more e10, but 100% is very easy to find.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #67

Very hard to find non ethanol gas in SW Virginia as well.... I agree that gas without it is better but........... (It is here but the drive is long) ........

I've been told non ethanol gas & premium is best for small engines but I have been using any regular gas for years not knowing any better.......... my early 1980s Homelite Super XL Chainsaw has had any old gas in it (with the oil mix) & never failed to start in over 30 years. (probably won't start after saying that Can't remember whether I bought it at J C Penny's or Montgomery Wards. My tiller gets started once a year & not had any issues starting it year after year either. I am sure I will get bit one of these years I have more issues with tires & belts.

Do put seafoam in the antique cars & others but old gas is probably more of an issue for me in those. The daily drivers go through 3-4 tanks a week. DWs 2011 has over 115,000 mile last time I looked

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #68

I think the biggest kick in the pants is living in Texas, which probably produces half the gasoline for the entire country and not really having any ethanol free options to buy from. In all of the Houston area one station is listed? That just seems unholy.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Forest River Forums mobile app
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #69

Nothing wrong with helping the corn farmers but is it not stupid to use our food source for gasoline when we have more than enough oil and gas without using corn that can feed people and animals all over the world. Just my thoughts i think it is stupid!!!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Paul View Post
Nothing wrong with helping the corn farmers but is it not stupid to use our food source for gasoline when we have more than enough oil and gas without using corn that can feed people and animals all over the world. Just my thoughts i think it is stupid!!!!!

Amen brother!!! That's the kinda stuff that happens when the government get's it's nose in what used to be the free enterprise system in this country. OK, I know I'm not suppose to get political on the forum. Good point Big Paul!
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote