Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #1

Extending sewer hose?

What is the best way to extend the sewer hose? I need to run a length from the front connection on the trailer to 2' behind the trailer. I'm guessing about 18' to 20' total run. Is there a way to have hard piping connect to the trailer outlet and run it back some or all of the way? The idea of running those slinky's all the way back sounds like a messy diaster waiting to happen.
swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
You can see such setups at most campgrounds with permanent or seasonal sites. As best I can recall, most of the ones I have seen use schedule 40 pipe with the appropriate fittings. A piece of slinky goes from your dump valve to a Foam Rubber Sewer Seal - Item - Camping World. to create a flexible joint. This is inserted into a 4"x3" adapter which is glued to the schedule 40 pipe. The dump end usually consists of a 90 degree elbow that fits into the campground sewer, perhaps using another foam rubber seal to make the whole thing airtight. Look around before trying this so you can verify my recollection of how it is done. Be sure you have enough pitch so it will drain properly.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #3

I saw a set up over at the coast where a guy used the flexable hose that we all use but he had it supported with plastic rain gutters.
You know?...The cheapo stuff they sell at Lowes & Home Depot.
He had it pitched so that gravity would do its thing.

It wasn't real purdy but it worked.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Which coast? I use a 10 foot piece of white plastic rain gutter that I cut into 2 4 ft pieces and one 2 foot piece. Then I use my leggo blocks to support the ends making a ramp for the hose to the sewer connection.

I use a clear elbow at the trailer end to aid in dumping.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Which coast?
Sorry,
Left coast.

Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote