OK...so basically, as you can see, I used carpet to transition. I thought about many different options first but ran into issues that made the other methods not work.
Then it just kind of dawned on me...why not just use a small strip to cover the gap. It needs to flex down to cover the transition and carpet was the only solution that seemed to work.
Anyway...the carpet strip was the plan but then where to get it. thought about buying a yard of carpet and having the long edge and 1 foot of each edge return bound but I needed 13 feet and try and find 15 foot carpet remnants.
Ended up finding the solution at Lowes. Bought an area carpet that was 7 feet long by whatever it was deep...that was not important. Cut a 1 foot wide and 7 foot long strip from each long side.
This gave me the finsished or bound edge I need on the long side and both ends. Now since it was 7 feet I simply joined the two pieces together with good carpet tape and cut the center edges off that were bound. This gave me a strip 13 feet long with now a bound edge on the 13 foot and side lengths. Then trimmed the piece to fit using the old carpet as a template.
Then just a piece of thin brushed nickel floor transition piece to cover the joint. The transition piece is very thin so you dont catch it with your foot.
Only thing that took forever was finding an area carpet in a color I could use...most where a color so far off I couldn't use them.
Has been installed this summer and we full time for 6 months in the summer time. Holds up fine.
Cost for the carpet...$45.00.
Maybe others have done the same I don't know but I struggled wwith what to do for most of last year. Had all sorts of complicated ides but decided to not try and redesign the wheel. Go with what was there before.
Also in the pic with the computer cords showing if you look along the Allure tile where it meets thewall I used the vinyl roll edging. pretty common used in commercial apps like hospitals etc but matched so well and easily flexed to fit the dipsy doodle floor. Not like the floor is bad just when I first tried wood trim...no way it would flex enough to not leave gaps along the floor.
Now along the cabinets where the tile meets I used a matching vinyl grout caulk. Pretty common there. Now this will take up the gap and can tend to cause some seems to stretch while it sits in New England winters. But they did not pop..just the one did and that was my mistake.
I could have used a small cove or quarter round type molding instead which is what I did up in the bedroom and bathroom. This way the floor could move and up there I used the Cherry which is the Ultra...same as in the slide.