Old 07-25-2019, 03:33 PM   #1

Ford V-10 AC Thermal Switch

Hi all... This is my first thread. I have a 2006 Georgetown purchased new. 28,000 miles. My problem is the thermal switch on the AC system has power going in , but not out. My mechanic can jump it so we know its working past the switch. We can't find out the numbers or any other numbers to replace it. First questions are If I jump the thermal switch we get good air, but the compressor could freeze up. Will that damage the unit to do this? Is there a generic with to install? There are NO Ford dealers in the Southern New Jersey that work on RV's anymore. What can I do? Thanks in advance for your help
Bob

Rlb551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:34 PM   #2

If your mechanic can work on AC, you can get the part from the vin number and he can put it in then add Freon.
I have a shop/friend that works on RVs. Evertt Johnson and Sons in Mount Laurel. He rents Cruise America RVs and has worked on mine.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:00 PM   #3

AC Thermal switch

Thank you for your help. The problem is you can't get Forest River to talk parts they installed into the rig. They send you to a Dealer that doesn't work on the Ford end of the RV. I have an email into the Ford parts people just to get the part. If I can't get it for my mechanic I will defiantly give him a call. Another question is for now can I jump the switch to used until I can find this specific part? Thanks again
Old 07-25-2019, 10:12 PM   #4

Does it have two wires on it? If so, make up a short jumper wire with a male connector on each end to match the switch. It is either high or low pressure switch.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:16 AM   #5

Thank you... It does have wires where there is power going in but not out. I have called Forest River camper Dealer and they researched the part and didn't the have any access to their site for chassis parts. It seems like Forest doesn't care after you spend $100,000.
Also Ford doesn't care much when you can't even get part numbers from their end. I guess I will jump it until I can figure out a part number. I appreciate your help.. Bob
Old 07-26-2019, 10:48 PM   #6

Evans Tempcon

The HVAC equipment in the Ford F53 chassis is manufactured by Evens Tempcon in Grand Rapids, MI. You can get support direct from them and probably a source for the failed thermostat. I googled Evans Tempcon thermostat and got this: https://www.comfortairgr.com/shop/th...-a45-1085-666/.

Google is your friend. Good luck!

Larry...

2013 Coachmen Encounter 36KS, 2012 Honda CR-V toad, Roadmaster Falcon 2, Brake Buddy Vantage Select, Protect-a-Tow, 5 Star Tune, M4 LED lights, BIRD, ATS, Xantrex PROwatt 1000 SW Inverter and many other accessories & mods.
LLVanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:08 AM   #7

Just had exactly this happen to me also. (This has been issue with older E450's per the ford dealer) Replaced the switch (+/-$60.00 inc labor) at local Ford dealer that works on trucks. Did not correct the problem (he did not charge me) . The AC system relay was the issue, replaced along with total system check, (+/- $160.00). AC working fine, seems to also have corrected a small electrical drain that was draining the main battery.
windowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:15 AM   #8

As LLVanB said it is an Evans Tempcon a/c. Not Ford. I also live in south Jersey. I took my 2018 Georgetown to Ciocca Ford in Quakertown,Pa. to have my a/c repaired. Bit of a ride but a great facility. Timely repairs.
BirdeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:08 AM   #9

Thank you everyone.. I will get in touch with the manufacture and see if I can get that part..
Old 08-05-2019, 08:08 PM   #10

Unplug it and look inbetween where the plug goes. you will see a small screw in there, give it a 1/8th of a turn clockwise. That should take care of your issue. Its a bad connection internally.

-Jason

astro-jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, switch