Old 03-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #1

Forest River 2009 29BHBS electrical question

Hello Everyone! Finally no snow, sunny and trying to warm up here in NE Ohio. Thought I would open the camper and take a look at how it fared the winter. My question is this. Battery hooked up and seems to be charging as my sensor has changed in showing battery condition, lights work, slides opened and closed, shoreline power connected but no AC, TV, no microwave power. no gfi outlet working. All breakers are on. Fridge lights up when switched on. Furnace fan, hot water heater & water pump (only on for a second to test), concertone am/fm/cd turn on. The camper was purchased new in 1/09, taken out only once last year due to a medical issue. Later in summer was found to have a defective converter which was under warranty and changed out by the dealer when they winterized. Sorry so lengthy but wanted to provide as much info as possible. Any suggestions as to the cause of the problem or where to begin whould be most appreciated. I am confident that someone here has info to help. I've been reading these posts for a year now and your site is great!

Old 03-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #2

Maybe a breaker that's tripped?

Sounds like you have 12V DC, but no AC.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #3

check BOTH of your GFI receptacle outlets. There is probably one near the kitchen sink and one near the bathroom sink. If one of them is tripped you will lose power to about half the trailer.

...VTX-AL
Old 03-27-2010, 06:46 PM   #4

Make sure the gfi is working. I replaced all 3 in the first 4 months I owned mine. Dealer did the work under warranty.

Big Bird
Old 03-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

GFIC will protect the electrical outlets but your AC & Microwave are on different circuits. Do you have power at the outlets anywhere? Have you checked the breaker to the outlet where you are plugged in? I'd start there first, if ok, use a multi-meter and check the receptacle for power where you're plugged in. If good there plug the cord in and check where the cord connects to the trailer. If you have power there the cord is fine. Next step would be the electrical panel. Check all the breakers, turn them off and back on. If by chance one was tripped this will reset it. Let us know what you find.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #6

Now I really feel stupid. The outside outlet that my shore power is connected tripped the gfi in the garage. Couldn't get power except battery. Must have happened the other day when we had lots of rain then changed to snow Now everything works as it should!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcalvin57 View Post
Now I really feel stupid. The outside outlet that my shore power is connected tripped the gfi in the garage. Couldn't get power except battery. Must have happened the other day when we had lots of rain then changed to snow Now everything works as it should!
Don't feel bad. Same thing happened to me a couple years back.. I said some naughty words and spent about 30 minutes troubleshooting before I figured out what happened...
Old 03-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Welcome to the "Damn why didn't I check that first Group". We've all done it.
I just replaced the drain hose from my refrigerator to outside. I read on the internet about pulling the fridge out to get to the connection. I was ready to pull the fridge, even went so far as to locating the screws and got an old bench to sit it on. I was looking at the propane line when I decided to check it out from the outside. I'm glad I decided to get a ladder out, removed a sheetmetal shield and look up and wha-la there it was. I was done in about 5 minutes instead of who knows how long it would have taken.So just chalk it up to a learning experience. Glad to hear it was a minor issue.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote