Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2015, 10:01 PM   #1

Forest River 274DBH Cherokee problems

Long story short, purchased a new trailer (model listed in title) and it has been nothing but problems. Heres the list as of now, power tongue jack completely failed, 2 valances above the curtains ripped off the roof, the sliding doors of the main bedroom area fell from the ceiling and broke, major water leak inside the trailer literally puddles of water, none of the electrical outlets work and one of the weight distribution jacks is bent and nearly fell off. The trailer was bought brand new about three weeks ago, never in the rain or used etc. I knew I should have paid a few grand more and jumped up in a higher "class or quality." After further inspecting the trailer and overall build quality its apparent this is a very cheaply made trailer. The wife and I made a mistake, saw it on the lot, looked very nice with a nice price and bought it. Very disappointing to spend hard earned money for the family to have and this happens.
SVT K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #2
Engineer of Crazy Train

Welcome to the forum. Few questions.

1) "weight distribution jack"? Are toy referring to the stabilizing jack? If so, did you try to lift and level your camper with it? Most are meant just to stabilize bouncing after the camper is leveled with wood/legos

2) Do you use a water pressure regulator? Could you have gone to a campground with high water pressure?

3) For the electrical outlets, one should be a GFCI. Did you check to see if it is tripped?

4) Have you brought these problems to your dealer's attention? Do you think you were given a thorough PDI (Pre delivery inspection) where you go around with a tech and they show you how everything works?
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, forest river