Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2015, 02:50 AM   #1

Forest River toy hauler ez bed lift gear strip

I have heard of several people having a problem with there bunk bed system in the rear of there toyhauler, particularly forest river models. since then i myself have run into the same problem with my trailer. what happens is a squealing noise in motor or gearbox of bed lift unit and beds wont operate properly. after tearing my bed system apart i found that inside the gearbox are several metal gears and 1 teflon or nylon gear which obviously is the weak link. not to sure what the bozo was thinking when engineering this product, but as ive heard and now experienced it is a failure. the teflon gear will strip teeth with the smallest bind or load. after calling lippert components i was told there is no replacement parts and i need to buy a new complete unit for $500. there crazy....if i buy a new unit from them ,chances are that the plastic gear will go out in 1 day again. so what i did was take the broken gear and engineer and fabricate replacement exact replica gear out of billet aluminum. i installed the first one in my trailer and it works like brand new. i have since shipped these gears to people all over the country and get nothing but thanks and GREAT fix emails!! due to the low demand volume, and cost to have an engineer CAD design these, i will sell these gears for $110 a piece with free shipping!. that is a savings of $390 for a cheap plastic replacement that will go out again.. any questions let me know fits lci model #123551 123629 ezbed ez-bed lift 85'' lt global model ltgo 1/15hp 7.0 amps forest river sierra Quick Draw Power Safe EZ-Lift sport salem sand piper keywords ltgo gear nylon plastic lt global bunk beds broken bad happy happi jack electric rear beds. may fit other slides and slideouts slide out motors 5th wheel travel trailers

My gear is: 49 tooth, 1 3/16" dia. 5/16 face

BUY IT NOW link
Lippert EZ Bed Electric Lift System Ltgo Lt Global Billet Gear Forest River LCI | eBay
lbz1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:40 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Now, if you only lived closer!!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:47 AM   #3

had a custy with a 2003 georgetown. you oughta make adapter fittings to get the pump manifold adapted to a new pump. lipperts answer is 3000 in parts and send out a tech. i salvaged my last job with an ap motor and trobetta switch. but adapting seems doable...
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, forest river, toy hauler