Old 11-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #1

Forrest River Warranty?

Ran across my first problem with my Rg3210 5er. This weekend we camped and I noticed a wet spot on the carpet in the upstairs bedroom. Patted it with paper towel and made sure it was not a midnight gift left by one of the dogs. It wasn't. It concerned me because I thought I had heard the water pump kick on very briefly, twice during the night when everyone was still in bed.

That morning I looked around at the Bathroom sink water supply and waste, Pulled the shower valve off the shower wall, and didn't notice any moisture in either location. I dried the carpet really well and by that evening it was wet again. No phantom pump running but it was in use off and on all day so it may not have gone long enough between people using it to lose enough pressure. That night, I heard the pump twice more and the water was back. I suspect it might be coming from the toilet supply, as that is the only one I havent been able to visually inspect, but I dont know how it is getting to the bedroom with no water in between. th toilet, bathroom sink, and shower are the only water connections above the bedrrom floor.

Anyway, to the point finally, I bought my unit in So. California, I now live in Las Vegas and my local Forest River dealer wont do warranty work unless it was locally purchased. they stated I would need to pay and then get re-imbursed by Forrest River. How do I get re-imbursed from Forrest River? Do I need to get an Authorization first? I cant find a number on the web site. Nextr step I will take is to call the dealer that sold it to me, but I dont wanna haul it there for the work. Anyone have this type of situation?

Old 11-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

You could try calling FR and have them locate a service center that will complete the warranty work directly. Stick with them if they're good. There is a list of FR numbers in FAQ.

The reimbursement method the other dealer suggested could be more expensive for you.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #3

If the dealer that would not work on your TT is a forest river dealer I would let forest river know that they would not take care of your problem. sure I can see them putting you to the bottom of there list of thing to do. BUT WARRANTY IS WARRANTY. Hope you get this problem taken care off. Good luck.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #4

Keystone, forest river dealers are only REQUIRED to perform warranty work on units they sold, not all Forrest River Products. From what I understand, this is common in the RV Industry.

That said, I did get in touch with Mike at Forrest River Warranty Service and he talked to the local Forrest River dealer and worked it out. They took my trailer and fixed it up very quickly. Kudos to Mike at the head office and to Findlay RV for doing the work!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #5

I bought my 2011 Shockwave 32SA-LX in San Diego and towed it across country to Virginia and on the way over we discovered allot of problems. Most serious was a water leak from the living room slide. Come to find out the slide rubber seals where installed incorrectly and the outside rails where missing the rubber seals. This in turn soaked my carpet and generally piss#$ me off. Anyway, once I arrived in Virginia I had no problem getting warranty work done at Dodds RV and couldn't be happier with Forrest River and their Customer service. I would have lost it if I was told I had to take it to my original dealer for service. Highly recommend Dodds RV in VA if you need FR warranty work done.

BTW, I towed it all the way across country with a 2010 CCLB, Lariat, 4x4 F250 and didn't have one single problem with either the truck or 5th wheel in terms of towing.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #6

FEMA FR as is no warranty

Fortunately, I finally got a person at FR. The news was bad about no coverage on FEMA units. Good luck to you all.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
Dallas Texas

Crashbot, what was the cause of the wet carpet? Inquiring minds want to know.
Cheers
Old 12-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashbot View Post
...That said, I did get in touch with Mike at Forrest River Warranty Service and he talked to the local Forrest River dealer and worked it out. They took my trailer and fixed it up very quickly. Kudos to Mike at the head office and to Findlay RV for doing the work!
Crashbot - glad to hear you had a positive experience with FR. We sent in our extended 2nd year warranty paperwork on our new rig earlier this month. Hope we will never need it, but good to know FR stands behind the warranty. A little post purchase manufacturer positive reinforcement never hurts.
Cheers!

2010 Co-motion Tandem
Utah Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote