Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2016, 08:59 PM   #1

FR 3 30ds input

Looking at a 2016 30ds, does anyone have any input or issues with the unit.

Any advice or input would be appreciated.
Edmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:09 PM   #2

Go to the motorhome page and select the Fr3 section. There are many common issues listed there with new units. As the DS30 have been produced three years they are getting better.

Most common issues are non manufactured FR parts like slide motors and headlamps. AC unit is under engineered as there is only one.

2014 FR330 DS
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:12 AM   #3

Thank you and I have been reading the fr3 section. I see that the main concern for 2015 and under are problems like the AC unit.
Don't see many posting on the 2016's, Must be too new
Edmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:21 AM   #4

Edmo,
I have a 2016 30ds and we love it. Seems that the big issues have been corrected. We have had it since June and have had 2 minor issues. The camera input came loose on the radio input and the slide seal was cut by the lower guide wire. We have added shelving, fantastic fans, water filter and surge protection. We went into it knowing we were not buying a 300k Motorhome and a very happy with our purchase. We drove everything comparable in size and price and felt the FR3 was hands down the best choice for us. If it's the right unit for you buy it. I would suggest doing the research on the dealer as that is where most of the complaints are truly traced back to with poor and slow service to get a few minor issues fixed. Our dealer is great! Called on the way back from a trip and they said stop in and they would take care of it. We took the toad and had lunch and repairs were complete when we got back. Feel free to drop me a note if you have any specific questions.

Cigarman......