Old 06-27-2019, 10:24 PM   #1
UNeekLady

Front left landing gear broke

Well the honey moon is over !! I absolutely love my TT but am so disappointed with flagstaff, Lippert and my warranty and extended warranty!!! I have been stuck in a park this weekend will be one month.. when setting up tried to auto level as I’ve done for past ten months and heard a loud “clunk” can not level trailer electrically or manually... I’ve called my dealer/salesman asking for help, they did they have me a phone lol, I’ve cslled Like power do many times and never a connection. They tell me they will call me in order of waiting which when they finally call me back they let it ring ONE TIME and hang up .. so I have to start over .. I finally found a Mobil repairman he had same problem for two weeks ... he finally gets thru to them but the hoops they are requesting is ridiculous.. now they tell him it will be 4-6 for part ... what ?? The people that MAKE this landing g gear and put on thousands of trailers don’t have the parts to repair or the replacement gearbox ??
I have got to pull out tomorrow for a commitment I’ve had a year and a half .. will now go 8 hours away still can’t level trailer which also of course causes the plumbing drains to not work correct ..
I won’t even list the other six things that have occurred this month with my flagstaff !
Widow in tears ...

Jwaymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:51 AM   #2
Head Rambler

I'm sorry that you're having these problems. I know it's frustrating and with landing gear it's a real inconvenience. I know it's not what you'd like, but have you thought about just buying a gearbox retail to get you going and when the original gets replaced keep it as a spare.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
Lame *****

Sounds like a rough time. Being stuck in uncomfortable frustration situations is miserable.

I do not know much at all about auto level systems, however you can level your rig with out the auto level. You can level side to side using a carpenter level or an app on a phone. Set it on the floor side to side and whichever side the bubble is off pull the wheel up on some wood. Then level front to rear with the tongue jack.

As far as the repair, has the independent mobile tech even came out to look at it? Maybe the motor fell loose or a gear has became discombobulated and could be repaired fairly easy? Eyes on it vs phone tag sounds like what is needed to help you.
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:44 AM   #4
UNeekLady

I can’t Manuel level either because when the pin broke it now causes the gear to just spin. I tried to use the back two nuts to raise and lower but with worm gear spinning. No luck.. I do raise with from jack and block it up but when doing this it won’t allow me to level other three jack ls because it keeps saying out of stroke because if front left ...
Old 06-28-2019, 01:18 PM   #5

I'm assuming this is a trailer. Not a MH. As someone else said, use some boards under the low side, using a level of some kind to get it close. Use a bottle jack to level it fore and aft. Get a mobile tech to find out what is wrong and fix it.
Then go after the companies involved on their websites, facebook etc. Make a stink
If enough people would be that "squeaky wheel" we should see some improvement in customer service.
AFDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:07 PM   #6

When previous poster mentioned level it with boards, they were talking about pulling or backing the trailer tires onto boards to lift the low side to level you side to side. Then use the tongue jack to level front to back. Just don’t use your auto level system until you get it repaired. You could put some cheap screw type stands on the four corners to stabilize the trailer.
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:12 PM   #7

As I read all these answers (and good ones). I find it a damn shame that customer service is terrible. You get promised one only to wait and wait , get fed up with FR tech and warranty people never answering emails or phone calls. I feel for you!! I have been waiting on a rim for my 5th wheel for over two months. It’s on back order I’m told, we don’t have one here I’m told, yet I see them on units at dealerships all over. So please if you can figure out how to get these slugs off there buts I’d like to know too!!!
Clcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #8
Site Team

If this is causing you to have limited use of the TT, I would purchase some simple screw type jack stands and leveling blocks to get you through until you can get a part and get it repaired and go back to old school leveling and stabilizing. Then find a good mobile repair person who can get it done right at a reasonable price.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote