Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2019, 12:57 PM   #1

Fuel station quit working

When I press the switch next to the fuel gauge I hear a click but the pump does not run. I checked the fuse and power to is and it is good. Checked power into the 5 minute timer and it is good. Replaced the 5 minute timer and still have the same problem. Is there another fuse for the pump. The only one I found was behind the gauge panel. The fuel station was working last time I check it which was a couple of months ago.
Bgotro47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #2

A couple years ago mine quit. So Im going from memory here. I found the pump was receiving the proper 12v and ground. I took the pump off and apart. I found the plastic gears in the pump to be a tad scored. Im gonna guess from contaminants in the tank. I lightly sanded the sides of the gears and lubed with a little oil. I believe I did a dry run and all was good. Reinstalled the pump AND added an in line filter between the tank and the pump.
keegantimber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel