Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2015, 06:00 AM   #1

Full Body Paint Issues

I just bought a new Sunseeker 2800QS on 11-21-15 when I picked it up from the dealer I noticed that where there is caulking under the paint in the seams that the paint is lifting off so where it is suppose to be Black and Grey paint it shows up White and doesn't look very good at all, when I asked the dealer to fix it he stated that because they didn't notice it when they received it that the factory would not fix it under warranty and that they are not paying for it, so what do I do we spent a lot of our hard earn money on this new motor home and don't like the dealers answer please advise. Thanks
Stormin Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
Citrus County, Fl.

You might send a pm to Joshua Cavitt (sp) who is the voluntary rep on the forum and give him the details as he might be able to assist you. Let him know who the dealer is and your VIN as well. That would be unacceptable.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #3

Try another dealer. Call the factory. Go back to your dealer and ask to speak with the owner.
AGFazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:03 AM   #4

We had the same problem with our 2015 Cardinal. The main problem is that they caulked the seams and then painted over the caulk. The paint does not flex. They should have painted and then used a clear or colored caulk over the paint which will allow for flexing and will not crack the paint. We didn't notice the problem until after we brought her home. Our dealer was useless so we went directly to FR. It took a few months of wrangling, but FR stood behind their product and fixed the issue. We had a local body shop remove the caulk in the areas that were cracking, repaint same areas and then caulk over it with clear sealant. Time will tell, but we hope this fixes it. Then again, this could be an on going issue that we have to maintain in some areas, but it needed to be addressed by FR because there was such a large area affected. Find out who your rep is at FR and speak directly to them. I found being direct, yet nice, sending photo documentation, following up with everything in writing, and not dropping the ball got it done. Plus the 2nd rep we worked with (the 1st rep left in the middle of it and that is why it took a few months) was very nice. Good luck. Don't give up - this is a warranty issue!
valandsheri is offline   Reply With Quote