Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2019, 12:59 PM   #1

furnace and water heater not working

Hello, new guy here and thank you for trying to help me.
I have a 2013 Sandpiper and it is located at my hunting lease and connected to shore power (50 amp srvc). I tried to turn on my furnace and nothing happened. There is no fan turning, i do not hear any relays and i see no flame etc. Additionally, i was just going to check my water heater to see if it would fire and i have the same problem...nothing. Below are the steps i have tried:
1. propane tanks are full
2. my stove top works so gas is getting there (however, I can not get my oven to light)
3. Battery power seems fine ( just to ck, i put jumper cables from my car to the battery and still nothing happened.

I thought maybe a regulator might be bad but if thats the case, shouldn't the fan and all still come on? Your comments are appreciated.
Medtec113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Assuming that you have a DSI water heater one common thing between the water heater and furnace that would cause the blower not to run, and the water heater not to fire, is the 12 volt supply.

Does all the lights and other 12 volt items in the RV work?

Have you checked all the fuses in the power center?
If you don't find a fuse blown you should check for power at the appliance itself.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #3

I do indeed have 12 volt power all is good there. I am learning that my model may have a reset button. Thank you for your reply
Old 11-25-2019, 10:52 AM   #4

Check both sides of the 50A supply. We had this happen to us this weekend. No fridge, furnace or GFI circuits.

The campground replaced the breakers and all was fine.

Good luck!
boogiejack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:31 AM   #5

furnace and water heater not working

I had this same problem two different times.

T stat good. I set it on heat and 80deg. the T stat clicked but no furnace blower came on.

1st time- reset switch needed toggling. Mine is located right on top where the wires come out of the furnace. https://factoryrvsurplus.com/product...caAtAdEALw_wcB

2nd time —- a Swedge wire nut came loose in the t stat control wires near the furnace. I pushed/pulled the wires into the wire nut and found the loose wire. Recrimped the connector and it was resolved.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:50 AM   #6

Thank you for your response. The "hidden" reset switch solved my problem!
Old 11-27-2019, 07:26 AM   #7
Site Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what the fix was. A lot of times we 'shotgun' things we've seen before hoping that one of them is the problem and then we never hear if one of them fixed it. Thanks again.

Tags
furnace, heater, water, water heater