Old 09-04-2016, 10:27 AM   #1

Furnace blower won't turn off

We just used out furnace to the first time and it works great! In fact...too good....it won't turn off now. We have tried reinitializing the thermostat and have cycled through the Dan setting to make sure it's on auto. Still won't turn off. Wondering if it's a user error, bad thermostat for something else.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:17 PM   #2
Head Rambler

I assume by you saying that it works too good that it's heating the whole time.

Just to be sure, it's the furnace blower that's running all the time and not the A/C blower?

Which model thermostat do you have? (I assume Dometic, since you used the term reinitialize, but want to make sure).

Have you tried setting the set point as low as it'll go to see if it'll cut it off?

Old 09-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #3

Yes it's the furnace that runs all the time. It doesn't matter what we set the thermostat at it will not turn off unless we 1) pull fuse 2) replace fuse 3) initialize system. Then it turns off but won't turn back on again regardless of what the thermostat is set too.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #4
Head Rambler

When you say that you initialize the system, that's the remote you're initializing?

It sounds like you have a problem with either the thermostat or the control board.

If you can access the furnace while it's running, you can pull one of the thermostat wires loose and see if it shuts down. I suspect it will, because I don't think the problem is the furnace. But, it'd be a good idea to test it, just in case I'm wrong.

You could also do the same thing at the control board in the A/C grill. Find the furnace wires and unhook one of them and see if the furnace shuts down.

Tags
furnace