Old 10-22-2015, 06:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Remember....the factory flex ducting is very thin walled...be careful pok'n around with a vacumn.
I agree. I wouldn't use a large shop vac hose. Use a small hose from a household tank cac. Much safer. And do each register separately.

"There's at least one vent in the back (toy hauler part) that air comes out of for the A/C. I think the heat may come out of different vents. Is that possible?" Yes, your heat should be coming out of the rectangular floor vents. AC and heat are separate. The AC are normally round and in the ceiling.

Jim

oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #12

When I checked my furnace the back panel had fallen off. All the heat as being dumped under our bed.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:10 PM   #13

Oh, wow, dabmeb! That's crazy!

Sure wish I could post photos. I'd love to post some photos to get y'all's input on if some different vents are actual ventilation or access.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #14

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445604190.871207.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	92571Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445604275.710587.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	92572
Ours went back to the dealer for almost no air flow in the kitchen and living room. The dealer said it was a disconnected hose under the shower. When they were done it was a little better but not great. I pulled the trim panels off around the furnace and the entire rear panel fell down. One screw was missing and one clip had broken.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #15

Still digging pieces of Styrofoam out of ducts after 2 yrs.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #16

My goodness, Dabmeb! What the heck...

Wow, Myrle. That's disheartening, but glad you're finding it at least.

So, the coldest area in the RV is in the actual toy hauler part -- the very back. I only see one cent back there that appears to be for heat. It's circular and down by the floor. Unfortunately, it's right behind the washer/dryer, so circulation may be an issue, but I can at least deal with that when I figure out why no air is coming out. I pulled off the panel under the lavatory behind the vent and saw no issues there -- it was connected to the vent, and I saw no holes. I pulled the face off of the vent and saw what appeared to be a lot of vermin excrement. I put the vacuum cleaner hose in the see if I could get something like a nest, or something similar, but got nothing. Tomorrow I'll try to find where the hose might be going next.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperwhillow View Post
My goodness, Dabmeb! What the heck...

Wow, Myrle. That's disheartening, but glad you're finding it at least.

So, the coldest area in the RV is in the actual toy hauler part -- the very back. I only see one cent back there that appears to be for heat. It's circular and down by the floor. Unfortunately, it's right behind the washer/dryer, so circulation may be an issue, but I can at least deal with that when I figure out why no air is coming out. I pulled off the panel under the lavatory behind the vent and saw no issues there -- it was connected to the vent, and I saw no holes. I pulled the face off of the vent and saw what appeared to be a lot of vermin excrement. I put the vacuum cleaner hose in the see if I could get something like a nest, or something similar, but got nothing. Tomorrow I'll try to find where the hose might be going next.
"circular and down by the floor. Unfortunately, it's right behind the washer/dryer"

Are you sure that is not for a drier vent?

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #18

Yes, Jim, I'm sure it's not a dryer vent. One, it has the same face as the vent in the bedroom; two, it has ducting going through the wall and under the sink behind it; and three, there is no outlet to the exterior of the RV for the dryer lint. No warm air coming out of it, though -- no air at all actually. No air coming out of the two floor vents in the kitchen/living area either, but the vents are warm to the touch when the furnace is on. Nice, warm air out of the vent in the bedroom, though.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:56 PM   #19

Whisperwhillow, why can't you post pictures? Do you have a phone that takes pictures or do you have camera that you use to download to your computer? With either of them we can get you through posting? If you have good air in the bedroom Block that register off and see if you get air at any other. Where is your furnace located in the belly of the trailer? When you open your storage area under the floor is it hot down there by any chance when the furnace is on?
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #20
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
My vote is for torn hoses.

Tags
furnace