Old 07-19-2016, 03:44 PM   #1

Thumbs down Furrion DVD won't play

This is my first post excuse me if I don't do it properly.
We just bought a 2017 GreyWolf Toy Hauler. Still trying to figure it all out as we are new to camping in a travel trailer. My problem is the DVD player won't work. It's a Furrion DV3100. There are red/white/yellow jacks in the ceiling and when I connect it to my Samsung SmartTV I only get a No Signal screen on the tv. The input on the tv is AV, that is what I get when the red/white/yellow is plugged in. I tried connecting another dvd player and the tv works fine. I tried connecting the tv to the aux jack on the Furrion too and that wouldn't work either. Is there some setting I'm missing, either on the Furrion or the Samsung Smart tv Thank you for any help with this. I read on here that sometime the cables aren't plugged in correctly and we need to remove the cover to the Furrion and check the connection. I don't want to do that until I'm sure I have it set up right.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #2

Had to plug into the green plug on my tv with the yellow and it worked . Try switching plugs if you have more than 3. i have 6 on the back of my tv plus hdmi

2013 HARLEY TRI-GLIDE
danny4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:19 PM   #3

Also had to go into controls on tv and set to video
2013 HARLEY TRI-GLIDE
danny4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #4

Smile Found the problem with the DVD

We decided to remove the cover on the Furrion and checked the cables. Sure enough, the red/white and yellow were all plugged into the wrong spots, they were were in the subwoofer spots. Plugged them in correctly and now it's working fine. It was easy to access the cables, the front cover snaps off and then removed 4 screws , then the unit pulled out to access the cables.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:51 PM   #5

Furion is cheap junk. I replaced my TV's and my in dash touch screen has never worked. Coachmen tokd the dealer to just unplug it and plug it.back in.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #6

Sorry the Furrion doesn't work for you. Mine seems to be working well now. I just wish someone would test the equipment when they set it up. if I didn't look online for a solution and read that the cables are occasionally plugged in wrong at the Forest River factory, I would have had to make a special trip to the dealership for repair. This forum is so helpful.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:41 AM   #7

It seems like every Grey Wolf toy hauler that has come out of the factory over the last year has the same issue, wires plugged into the wrong jacks on the back of the unit.

Lot's of posts on here about it happening again and again. Glad you got it figured out.

Tags
dvd